14th June, 2022
Apply For Job
Manage the bar/lounge operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established beverage quality and guest service quality standards and departmental revenue and profit goals. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, responsible service of alcohol, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage the day-to-day activities of one or more bar/lounge outlets. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage, and plan and assign work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained, and certified as required, and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
· Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and receive prompt and professional service.
· Establish and implement appropriate service recovery procedures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· Create innovative programs and promotions to market special menu items and drinks. Support system-wide food and beverage programs. Monitor performance of such programs through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Initiate corrective measures as needed. Conduct meetings to inform staff of special promotions, daily specials, and additional information.
· Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability for assigned beverage outlet(s). Assist in preparation of operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the food and beverage department.
· Establish and maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of liquor, bar inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and breakage of glassware and supplies. Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory.
· Ensure that all bar equipment, including but not limited to sinks, taps, blenders, cash registers, etc., is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all bar/lounge facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to
anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest Services.
· Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
· May serve as Manager on Duty
· Perform other duties as assigned including assisting bar staff with their job functions during peak periods.
· Supervises a number of employees in one or more beverage outlets in a large, full-service, luxury, or resort hotel with multiple major food and beverage outlets, high volume banquet and convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and key guests.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of restaurant management experience in a full service outlet or similar setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hospitality Management Degree or formal food and beverage operations training preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Moving about the outlet(s)
· Handling objects, products
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, ordering, interpreting results, and giving and receiving instructions.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.