14th June, 2022
A unique 1,700-acre, year-round resort with exceptional beauty and abundant recreational activities. The 258-room lodge features a spa, two dining rooms, an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, fitness center, business center and wireless Internet. The resort also has 54 cottages, perfect for large families or several families that want to vacation together. There is something for every member of the family including 4 golf courses, eight specialty shops, a zoo, gardens, two museums, fishing, pedal boats, tennis, stables, and miles of walking trails.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in creating and maintaining standards for kitchen all operations.
- Apply knowledge of food cost and controls.
- Apply knowledge of labor cost and controls.
- Determine kinds and amount of foodstuffs necessary to prepare items listed on menus.
- Complete requisitions for food products to be prepared.
- Plans sequence and time of cooking operations to meet meal-serving hours.
- Directs cooks performing tasks.
- Manage portion size of food items to ensure consistency.
- Evaluates and solves problems encountered, such as substituting items on menus, reusing cooked food, and reducing excess waste and spoilage.
- Assists in cooking tasks and in preparing hot and cold foods for all areas in the culinary arena.
- Manage and recommend discipline of subordinates.
- Complete work schedules.
- Maintain all sanitation standards.
- Complete all paperwork relating to position.
- Communicate with storeroom staff to know what food products, and equipment available.
- Conduct daily food storeroom reviews.
- Communicate with proper written and/or verbal information to staff to maintain efficient operations of kitchen.
- Interact with the public with a cheerful and positive attitude, solve guest problems and complaints in a proper manner, and maintain harmonious working relationships with fellow employees.
Manages four subordinate supervisors who supervises a total of twenty-three employees in AM/PM Ala Carte, Banquets, and Dining Room. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Also directly supervises four non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Apply For Job