07th January, 2020
The DON brand is Australia’s most loved smallgoods brand and has a strong presence across all smallgoods categories including bacon, ham, continentals, franks and salami. Our Castlemaine based, state-of-the-art facility is the largest manufacturer in regional Victoria with approximately 1,300 team members.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Supply Planner to join our team in Castlemaine, where we are "proudly making meat even better"!
About The Job
In this role, you will be responsible for the creation of an optimised and feasible short term (0-4 weeks) finite production schedule and maintaining a constrained medium to longer term (5 -104 weeks) supply plan. The Supply Planning position is pivotal to providing the interface between Demand Planning and Operations and will effectively manage and influence issues affecting service levels, inventory targets, capacity constraints and opportunities, as well as develop and implement cost optimisation initiatives.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Create and maintain a detailed production schedule and ensure accurate plans are in reflected in SAP
- Ensure production schedule agreement and sign off by key Operations stakeholders
- Daily review of customer service levels to ensure accurate communication of priorities
- Daily review of plan attainment and resolution of schedule deviation impacts
- Accurate maintenance of a constrained 24 month supply plan in SAP
- Participation in the IBP Process by providing long term planning, analysis and recommendations to support growth
- Drive continuous improvement of Supply Chain processes, tools and Renewal initiatives
To succeed in this role, you will have a demonstrated high level of knowledge in logistics and supply chain. You will have:
- Demonstrated planning experience in a fast moving, short shelf life manufacturing environment, preferably food manufacturing
- Working knowledge of SAP (ECC and APO SNP)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Programs
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communication, collaboration and team engagement
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Proven experience in process improvement
- A relevant Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics is desirable
- A safe working environment, everyday
- Global Career Opportunities
- DON Caring Everyday - community partnership program
- Employee Assistance Program - Benestar
- Flexible working
- Study Assistance Program
- Discounted products and services including Private Health Insurance, Car Rental, PC & Software Packages, Hotel rates.
At DON and George Weston Foods, we are an equal opportunity employer. We embrace inclusion and diversity, and celebrate what makes us unique. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
If this sounds like you then apply now to join our team!
For more information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Partner - Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply For Job