Currently working with a British listed company who are experts in delivering large scale events and exhibitions on a global stage. They also create intelligence-based products and data-driven services and provide access to cutting-edge research for their customers in specialised markets.
They are seeking a Platform Delivery Manager (Content & Media) to join their team in either London or New York. Key responsibilities of the role
Responsible for delivery of Technology initiatives on the content & Media platforms, working closely with technology colleagues, 3rd party vendors and business stakeholders.
· Develop, implement and champion best practices across Product Platform Delivery.
· Oversee the run and change activities for the domain-specific platforms ie Content & Media
· Act as the senior contact for business stakeholders. Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders (setting expectations, comms, unblocking)
· Work closely with businesses to interpret the product strategy/business objectives so this can be continually translated into prioritised technology deliverables
· Input into the technology strategy/roadmap for the Content & Media domain, ensuring that costs and investment are aligned to business value
· Working with Project Managers, develop and execute project plans, defining scope, schedule, deliverables, resource and cost
· Develop and manage your team of Platform Delivery specialists to align effort and capability where the business delivers greatest value
· Through your team, ensure that all platforms within the Content & Media domain have a well-managed backlog. Develop epics including high-level acceptance criteria
· Work with Architects who will create the technical solution design for changes. Ensure Technical solution design will meet the prioritised requirements
· Responsible for user story level requirement elicitation (working with BAs as needed). High-level stories (and/or epics) persona’s and journeys are agreed via Product Management in the business.
· Responsible for ensuring that product security/resilience/DR governance (including GDPR activities) are prioritised within the product platform roadmap and effectively delivered
· Working with business SMEs, identify operational changes & training required to support new and existing product platforms/features What we’re looking for
Knowledge & experience
- Deep understanding of software and platform development processes as well as being able to work with and get the best out of 3rd party vendors – with at least 3 years’ experience of delivering significant change across digital products/platforms
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing a team with specific evidence of building team skills and capability
- Deep understanding of the industry & competitor landscape
- Business and commercial understanding/acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex concepts and information to diverse audiences with varying degrees of technical understanding. Must be able to inspire stakeholder confidence in technology solutions being put forth by the Platforms team.
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to collect, organize, and analyse data; summarize findings, derive conclusions and present recommendations.
- Extensive knowledge of common agile and lean methodologies and hands-on experience implementing and managing Agile work methodologies for software development, ensuring value add to the customer
- Broad technical knowledge of industry and technology trends and a strong external perspective of current and upcoming developments in the technology space
- Customer success-focused
- Proactive, anticipatory
- Interpersonal skills to engage, align and integrate leads across multiple internal/external service providers
- Problem-solving and solution-focused
- Strong analytical skills including an understanding of business economics and financial resources