Currently working with a British listed company who are experts in delivering large scale events and exhibitions on a global stage. They also create intelligence-based products and data-driven services and provide access to cutting-edge research for their customers in specialised markets.
They are seeking a Head of Platforms to join their team in either London or New York. Key responsibilities of the role
You will own all platforms/technology assets for the domain, providing end-to-end delivery and deployment capabilities, based on the principle of cloud-first, using continuous delivery techniques to provide secure, scalable and quality services within a DevOps culture.
Your primary goal is to optimise the platforms and related technology assets to provide the greatest customer and commercial value at the lowest cost. Specific responsibilities will include
· Responsible for ensuring the platforms and associated technology components are run effectively, properly governed and controlled and that the business users are supported
· Jointly responsible (with product managers from within the business) for developing, maintaining and implementing the platforms (and associated component) roadmaps. Specific responsibility for ensuring platforms have a clear and agreed technology roadmap.
· Define, drive and deliver agreed change programmes that further optimise the platforms within the domain to achieve agreed outcomes (increased revenue or reduced cost). This might include assisting with project initiation, solution design and the production of business case documents, plans and PIDs. People Management Responsibilities
What we’re looking for
- Oversee, motivate and manage the domain Platform team
- People development to ensure effectiveness of that colleague, concentrating on both performance and soft skill development
- Planning and prioritising the work for the team, ensuring resource management is considered
- Ensure a robust communication structure is in place across the team to ensure all key messages are communicated and understood.
- Participate in Recruitment & Selection processes as needed
- Senior-level technology management experience, ideally in a strategic delivery leadership role
- Previous experience in leading software engineering, change management, technical architecture, and quality assurance, with a clear understanding of system architectures, integration, system components and service delivery
- Experience of implementing and maintaining digital product platforms – ideally in an Information Services, Marketing or Media business