10th July, 2020
Our client is hiring a Senior User Researcher to play a crucial role in newly formed product teams focused on building and improving their digital experiences. As a senior member of the product team, you’ll collaborate with your peers in product management, UX and engineering and share responsibility for the entire team’s success.
You’ll be a seasoned user researcher who has extensive experience of designing and executing moderated/unmoderated/remote/in-person research to drive software development. You’ll be passionate about methods and models but pragmatic in their application. You’ll know how to combine qualitative and quantitative techniques to triangulate findings and build-on prior research.
You’ll demonstrate a thorough comprehension of the human-centered design process and feel very comfortable in both the ambiguous discovery phase of identifying the right problem to solve and the detailed work of shipping desirable products. You’ll understand how best to use research to understand what users need and how best to use research to evaluate how well an in-development or in market solution meets those needs.
You’ll be a natural collaborator and patient communicator who understands how to communicate complex concepts in consumable ways. Ideally, you’ll have experience of integrating research and design in the context of agile transformation. Experience of the practical application of techniques such as Jobs-To-Be-Done is a bonus. Note that this role would suit an experienced user researcher who is now ready to largely let go of the day-to-day of research execution in favor of consulting, process development and coaching.
• Collaborate identify research opportunities that act as a critical input into product planning, build and optimization
• Have deep knowledge of research methods as they pertain to software development
• Know when to use qualitative and when to use quantitative techniques individually and in combination to deliver timely and actionable insight
• Partner with other user researchers to develop impactful research plans that effectively balance efficiency, quality and cost
• Guide those plans as they are executed by a mix of internal resources and third-parties
• Champion the value of user research and educate others in its potential and constraints
• Explore the deployment of research techniques that may be new
• Understand the importance of scaling user research and be willing to be part of that vision
• Coach developers, designers, product managers and leaders so that they can contribute meaningfully to the commissioning and execution of research.
• Guides research design and execution in a fast-pace agile environment
• Handles multiple research projects
• Helps generate process documents such as approaches, project plans, presentations and highlevel reports
• Partners with the research operations team to balance competing demands and priorities and to develop and socialize best practices that enable the scaling of research
• Effectively collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders
• Communicates findings in a compelling and consumable way
• Identifies opportunities to empower non-specialists to execute generic research tasks
• Advocates for the growth of research
• Identifies opportunities to optimize existing process, methods and tools
• Advocates for the deployment of methods that are new
• Navigates multiple stakeholder groups and influences others.
• 8 years of experience in user research as it pertains to software development.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in the social sciences, human computer interaction (HCI), human factors or a related field.
• Schooled in “design thinking” or the human centered design process
• Ability to effectively convey ideas and complex concepts
• Relevant research experience with consumer applications in one of the following areas: insurance, financial services, startups and technology companies.
• Exemplary ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams and functions.
• Solid knowledge of and experience with agile development process.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate design decisions based on value to the user and the business.
Apply For Job