*Contract position* Pull, Terminate, and Test CAT6 Cable ,Experience in Telecom Closet Build outs, Experience in installing, cabling pathways/trays
Telecom Technician with a TS or S clearance. The tech needs to be able to perform the following:
-Pull, Terminate, and Test CAT6 Cable
-Experience in Telecom Closet Build outs
-Experience in installing cabling pathways/trays
-Experience installing Fiber Optic Cabling
-Termination and Splicing of Fiber Cables get first looks
• Must HAVE and maintain a Secret security clearance.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience (See, Essential Functions" as well as this section)
• Must have IAT-II certification (Networking Environments) (See DoD 8570 IAT Certification and Requirements)
• Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) to adequately conduct training, interact with the government customer and to accommodate possible interactions with senior government officials.
• Preferred certifications are: Broadband and FTTx, FOA (Fiber Optic Association) - Certified Fiber Optic Technician Specialist and Instructor certification or ETA Fiber Optic Certifications in FTx (antenna, curb, home and DAS), Train the Trainer certified in Fiber Optics, OSHA 30/500/501 certified in Construction (one of these options), Network+, Security+, A+ certification (CompTIA)
Supervisory actions are required for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment within the continental US with occasional travel to offices within the National Capital Region. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work