08th November, 2021
- ❖ Top quality aged care – Mackay lifestyle
Good Shepherd Lodge has a proud 46-year record of outstanding faith-based service provision across two sites in Mackay. It has 324 beds, 360 staff and revenue of $25 million.
Reporting to a newly-appointed CEO, your brief is to ensure optimal delivery of all catering, cleaning, gardening and laundry services across both sites, through the motivation and management of a team of 50.
Well credentialed in the hospitality or aged care sectors, you are a seasoned leader of teams with a record of success in a regulated environment of best practice Workplace Health and Safety.Position DescriptionKey Responsibilties
To abide by the philosophy, mission and values of Good Shepherd Lodge.
Ensure that all catering, laundry, housekeeping and the gardens & grounds operations of Good Shepherd Lodge; Good Shepherd Village and Kerrisdale Gardens operate efficiently.
Co-ordination of all Quality Improvement activities for the Hotel Services area. Ensure that Good Shepherd Limited complies with Aged Care Quality Standards 1 through 8.Statement of Duties
Executive Management Functions
- Ensure all Kitchens, Laundry’s and cleaning areas grounds / gardens / fixtures / remain safe are well kept and maintained;
- Oversight the Hotel Services Budget;
- Monitor and maintain a preventative maintenance system in relation to all catering, housekeeping and Laundry equipment;
- Supervision and delegation of duties to any grounds, subcontractors or tradespersons, housekeeping and catering staff;
- Recruitment, appraisal and performance management of all Hotel Services staff in collaboration with the CFO;
- Readiness to be on call 24 hours per day in the event of an emergency or arrange adequate cover if unavailable;
- Preparation and finalisation of all tenders and service agreements in collaboration with the CEO;
- Monitor purchasing and stock control of all consumables and equipment for the catering and housekeeping departments of GSL;
- Support and manage Catering Supervisor and Housekeeping Supervisor in their roles.
Workplace Health and Safety
- Make a positive contribution to the key staff team who are committed to providing a professional service to all stakeholders of GSL
- Assist CEO to develop strategies which maximise resources in support of planned operational directions;
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation, regulations, standards, policies and practices;
- Assist key staff in ensuring sustainable quality systems are in place;
- Actively participate in quality management activities with a view to continuous improvement and participate in quality assurance activities and audits as required;
- Assist in the maintenance of accreditation and certification;
- Participate in annual performance planning / review of staff or as required;
- Foster and develop staff development and training in collaboration with educator.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and practices in relation to Workplace Health and Safety;
- Foster and develop a high standard of staff morale and promote good name of Good Shepherd Limited;
- Conduct regular meetings with all Hotel Services staff.
- Prepare monthly Hotel Services reports and assist with Workplace Health and Safety reports for CEO and Good Shepherd Board;
- Monitor financial performance of Hotel Services departments and identify avenues for improvement in collaboration with CFO;
- Participate in the orientation of new employees;
- Prepare capital expenditure requirements in collaboration with key staff;
- Participation and action any issues arising from Residents meetings.
- Perform all duties of Fire Warden;
- Organise and follow up fire drills in accordance with regulations;
- Review all fire procedures in accordance with regulations and standards;
- Regular liaison with external Fire and Rescue services;
- Follow up outcomes from fire and rescue inspections;
- Prepare and deliver all mandatory Fire education;
- Perform all duties of Workplace Health and Safety Officer;
- Ensure that Good Shepherd Lodge conforms with all Workplace Health and Safety legislation and regulations;
- Prepare and deliver all mandatory Workplace Health and Safety education;
- Organise and chair all Workplace Health and Safety committee meetings and follow up action from these meetings;
- Conduct risk assessments as required and monitor outcomes;
- Review hazard forms and follow-up recommendations;
- Review staff and resident incident forms and follow-up any recommendations;
- Ensure that correct manual handling techniques are used by self and other staff in accordance with GSL Policies and Practices
- Any other duties as directed by Chief Executive Officer.
- At least three years experience in aged care or hotel environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Housekeeping or Catering environments
- Demonstrated ability in supervising staff
- Demonstrated ability to work within a defined budget
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously when required and to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks;
- Advanced negotiation, consultative and interpersonal skills for an environment of change and evolution. Proven ability to be a “team-oriented player” including demonstrated good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to produce clear and accurate reports as required
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with members of staff, residents and public – displaying diplomacy, integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Degree or Trade Qualified
- Knowledge and skills in operation of computer based preventative maintenance systems and Microsoft products.
- An understanding of contemporary human resource management practices.
Apply For Job