26th June, 2020
Pacific People Solutions, on behalf of our client Nyrstar, have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Category Analyst.
The Category Analyst will be responsible for the Category and Sourcing data analysis activity for Procurement and the Value chain and to establish the function’s analytics, modelling, vendor research, market and industry trends to enable the procurement group to drive value across Nyrstar’s Australian operations.
Key responsibilities will include:
The Successful applicant will have:
- Undertake the development and establishment of high-quality market and internal analytics for the procurement and value chain function;
- Support the wider procurement team through the provision of analytics, modelling, vendor research, interpretation of data and subsequent business recommendations;
- Provide In-depth analysis and insight into identifying cost improvement levers;
- Analyse risks and opportunities, prepare forecasts and summarise reports that will support key business decisions;
- Researching best in class category strategies, market and industry trends and cost of deployment;
- Provide accurate and timely analysis and reporting of key business information / metrics to support Procurement objectives;
- Build and maintain forecast models to identify business sourcing options, strategies and opportunities; and
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Procurement processes, policies, guidelines and controls to develop, implement and maintain fit for purpose systems, processes and procedures.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification - procurement / supply chain / business / finance
- 3+ years previous industry experience in Procurement / Category analysis role(s);
- Experienced across a diversified portfolio of direct and/or indirect spend categories, ideally within a mining or metals environment;
- Experience with supporting a Procurement/Supply function from a system enablement and reporting perspective, driving continuous improvement;
- Sound analytical and financial skills;
- Experience in identifying, interrogating and manipulating multiple data sources (incl. SAP).
- Strong experience in business planning, target setting, measurement and reporting.
- Knowledge of supply chain and/or financial systems driving procurement activities; and
- Have a good understanding of at least one key Sourcing and Procurement supportive tools (e.g. SAP SRM, Ariba, Emptoris, Oracle, SAP SRM).
This role is based at Nyrstar’s operations in the city of Port Pirie, South Australia. A seaport located on the east coast of the Upper Spencer Gulf, 220km north of Adelaide. This role will require you to live in Port Pirie or the surrounding district. A relocation package will be available. Nyrstar and Port Pirie region:
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long-term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Visit www.nyrstar.com
The Port Pirie smelting operations have undergone a significant capital investment over recent years and will be at the forefront of lead and polymetallic smelting operations. This is an exciting time to join this dynamic organisation.
Port Pirie proudly regards itself as the ‘city of friendly people’ and enjoys a relaxed lifestyle, with unspoilt surroundings. Port Pirie is close to beaches, the stunning Flinders Ranges and Mount Remarkable National Park. With state and private education, an enviable plethora of sporting facilities and clubs, affordable housing and a 10-minute commute to work; it’s easy to have a great lifestyle in Port Pirie.
Port Pirie has the services of a city in a hospitable and welcoming country town environment. This is an opportunity for you to become part of a community who knows your name and cares, you’ll never look back. Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within the workforce. We encourage female applicants. Nyrstar Port Pirie is a non-smoking site.
Apply For Job