21st April, 2021
Maintenance Fitter & Turner
Do you pride yourself on delivering best practice quality of work? If you do, our client, DA Hall & Co, http://www.dahall.com.au/, is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Fitter & Turner for their Millmerran operation.
About our client
DA Hall & Co is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia. They employ over 250 people across their farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Operationally they are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. They have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
DA Hall & Co offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
They are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement. Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
You can find out more about the company by viewing this link http://www.dahall.com.au/about/
At the centre of DA Hall & Co’s Grading Floor is our state-of-the-art egg grader which incorporates the latest industry leading technology to optimise egg grading speed, quality control, product traceability, robotic integration, product printing and packaging. Operating 7 days per week, 365 days per year, the Egg Grading Floor is at the interface between sales and production.
This role’s key responsibilities are to:
- undertake general and programmed servicing maintenance
- complete breakdown maintenance of the grading floor machinery and equipment including but not limited to:
- o mechanical installation, fault finding and troubleshooting, fabrication and fitting of replacement metal parts, lathe and milling work, fitting and assembling of metal parts, operating machinery for fabrication of replacement metal parts, castings and shaping, to all machinery and associated equipment in the DA Hall & Co Egg Grading Floor
- be responsible for coordination of the day-to-day machinery and equipment servicing and maintenance of all equipment and facilities on the DA Hall & Co Egg Grading Floor, including the provision of assistance to management as to the administration and costing of all tasks and preventative and ongoing maintenance.
For this role you need to be:
Remuneration and Benefits:
- trade qualified at a minimum as Certificate III or higher - Fitter and Turner, Mechanical Fitter or similar
- possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant and related experience required
- knowledgeable and experienced in complex mechanical processing systems and have knowledge or experience in a high-speed FMCG production environment
- energetic, positive, can add value to an already established strong culture and keen for an opportunity to grow your capabilities
- you will be one of those people who is ‘happy to have a crack’, will not be shy about asking for assistance and will have a keen eye for detail
- you will pride yourself on your strong organisational, reporting and communications skills
- you will possess at a minimum, above average literacy and numeracy skills and ability
- knowledge of a food safety system and experience/knowledge of PLC and related IT systems are desirable but not essential
How to Apply
- A permanent, full time role
- A competitive remuneration package
- Overtime is paid as a $150 call out fee on each occasion
- Mobile telephone
- A supportive team environment
- Comprehensive internal technical & personal training opportunities
Click on Apply Now and upload your resume. Don't forget to include some details about yourself too in a cover letter!!
This position is ideal for someone looking for a long-term career and is available for an immediate start, with preliminary interviews held at Classic Recruitment's office at 92 Herries St, Toowoomba QLD 4350. These are held in person at the Classic offices (observing appropriate social distancing) or via Zoom/similar.
A Position Description is available, to access a copy, please contact the Classic office on (07) 4638 3599. For a confidential discussion, email Lisa@classicrecruitment.net.au
Apply For Job