Enjoy a physical role sandblasting and priming vehicles. You’ll strip old paint, remove rust and apply primer in preparation for painting or restoration work. Once you’re up to speed you’ll learn galvanizing using arc metal spray. You’ll have exposure to interesting projects including classic cars.
Each day you’ll work on 2-3 vehicles and you’ll be key to returning them to their recent or former glory. The work can be repetitive so you can listen to your choice of music or audio books with in-ear head-sets provided, as you work. 50% of the cost towards other career studies will be paid for you.
To thrive in the role, you will have the following attributes:
- You live on the North Shore and have an interest in cars
- Painting experience in the marine, automotive or aircraft industries, 2K experience would be beneficial
- You’re mechanically inclined and know how cars work, which will enable you to identify and minimise potential damage when blasting
- Excellent eyesight to pick up details through a face mask
- Confident reading and following instructions
- Take care and attention and have pride in your work
- Fit and agile you can handle a physical role but also have excellent health with no medical conditions which could put you in danger
- Be committed to health & safety and can follow existing processes
- You’re an excellent communicator to raise possible issues
- Have an excellent work ethic, be diligent and productive
- Naturally be drug free and a team player
Autoblast are a leading automotive media blasting & underbody galvanising specialist based in Glenfield. In 16-years we’ve developed a great reputation; many of our clients won’t take their work anywhere else. Our motto is “A little bit better, very day, in every way” and our focus on continuous improvement isn’t just for customers but staff too. Excellent employers, we have an enviable safety record, including systems for our staff to breathe clean air. Big growth plans will create future leadership opportunities.
So if you have experience painting and want to work for an industry leader and protect and advance your future, let’s talk!