07th January, 2021
Business Development Analyst II
Department: Business Development
Location: Vienna, Virginia, United States
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Strategic Operational Solutions, Inc. (STOPSO) is seeking candidates for a full-time Business Development Analyst II position in Vienna, VA. The Business Development (BD) Analyst will focus on supporting BD and Capture Managers with a full range of activities initial external business development, opportunity identification and qualification, and traditional capture management. The ideal candidate will be full of energy and be motivated by working with bright, driven people in a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture. The ideal candidate should also be independent, self-starter, who can stay calm under the pressures of multiple deadlines, possessing good multi-tasking skills.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
Required Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Access a variety of Business Intelligence tools to research and monitor competitors and industry news, develop target company profiles, source reports and information and issue routine briefings to the management staff
- Support Business Development and Capture Managers in responding to Request for Information (RFI) notices and developing/populating proposal templates and capture supporting matrices
- Support Proposal Development efforts
- Participate in or facilitate business process modeling & research efforts
- Conduct market analyses; participate in industry conferences, trade shows, symposia, and other venues for information gathering and networking, towards building plans for business development offerings to satisfy emerging customer requirements
- Contribute to competitive intelligence database by developing a thorough understanding of the federal contracting arena, to include large and small businesses
- Create and maintain databases; enter and retrieve data; analyze, create and present reports from databases, forms and questionnaires, monitor record keeping procedures for accuracy, and compile data; review and prepare reports and debriefings
- Maintain quality results by using templates; follow proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, tone, and maintain proposal support databases
- Excellent writing skills, including understanding of grammatical rules, punctuation, sentence structure, and active/passive voice
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in business development analyst, a corporate/business focused environment, and/or government contracting
- Understanding of Shipley methodology for business development, capture, and proposal support
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as Business Intelligence tools
- Ability to think conceptually, strategically, and critically
- Excellent communications skills and highly effective interpersonal skills are required as well as an ability to inspire confidence and provide leadership throughout the organization.
- Excellent organization skills, time management skills, and serve as an effective team player, working well with his/her peer group and support staff
- Results-oriented with a strong track record of delivering for their team.
- Ability to synthesize large data sets to develop an accurate analysis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, communicate with other employees and to operate computer hardware systems. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work Environment
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be located in the office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Telework considerations will be given once the appropriate training has been completed. Factors to consider will include:
- Sufficient portable work for the amount of telework proposed
- Comfort with the technologies, if any, that will be needed to telework
- Good communication with your manager, co-workers, customers that will enable a relatively seamless transition from onsite to offsite
- Telework office space that is conducive to getting the work done
- Dependent care (i.e., child care, elder care, or care of any other dependent adults) arrangements in place
- Ability to be flexible about the telework arrangement to respond to the needs of the manager, the workgroup, and the work
Apply For Job
Apply For Job