22nd March, 2021
- Awesome projects
- Unrivalled future potential
- Fantastic team culture
Are you an intermediate to senior Geotechnical Engineer looking for either a new opportunity in Wellington or looking to relocate to Wellington? If you are then this could be the perfect role for you.
You will be required to apply your geotechnical expertise to a full range of projects throughout the region and wider New Zealand. You will be working along side and supporting the Geotechnical Director, assisting with geotechnical solutions for a range of clients, project management and the growth of the geotechnical team.
On a daily basis you will be involved in:
Geotechnical analysis including the application of the latest analysis methods and software. Having a thorough understanding of soil mechanics is essential and proven track record in liquefaction, lateral spreading, settlement, earth pressure, slope stability, and bearing capacity. An understanding of behaviour of volcanic soils would be desirable. You will need to demonstrate knowledge and experience of NZ design codes and earthquake engineering practices, and will be proficient in the design of foundations for buildings and structures, slope stabilisation and ground improvement, earthworks and retention structures.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following key attributes:
- BEng/BSc Civil (Geotechnical) with 3 to 8 years' postgraduate experience
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng or on track for CPEng)
- In depth knowledge of soil mechanics and earthquake engineering
- Good knowledge of NZ design standards
- Strong skills and experience in geotechnical analysis and design
- Excellent communicator and report writer
- Excellence in client service delivery
- A collaborative team player
- Hold a current valid drivers' licence
- Hold a current valid visa to work in New Zealand (or residency)
- Technical review and monitoring of geotechnical projects,
- Establishing and building on new and existing relationships, and winning repeat business.
- You will help prepare submissions in response to tender, and client requests.
As this position will also lead into a senior level role, your future training will include financial management, programming, quality control, and learning to manage technical inputs from team members and sub consultants. The Design management aspect will include preparation of geotechnical reports for urban and rural roads, highways, land development, civil structures, water and sewer pipelines and associated facilities.
You will be considered if you are currently in New Zealand or have a visa with NZ Immigration. To submit a confidential application, please email your cover letter and updated CV in Word to email@example.com.
Apply For Job