13th November, 2019
DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKER
Griffith Post School Options | Casual employment
Griffith Post School Options (GPSO) is hiring now for Disability Support Workers’.
GPSO is a not for profit organisation supporting people of all ages with intellectual and physical disability or mental health condition. GPSO strives to provide the highest quality of care to our clients in the community 24/7. We assist people with a disability to achieve their full potential, enabling each person to enjoy quality of life whilst also becoming a valued community member.
GPSO is progressively expanding our services and as such we are looking for compassionate and dedicated Disability Support Workers who want to work with an impressive organisation and who are committed to lifting the standards of care provided in the community.
Our clients rely on our support workers to provide services in a respectful and compassionate manner and in line with the care plan requirements. We are looking for new team members who are caring, dedicated individuals, flexible in their availability, to assist with delivering the best services possible to our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The role of Disability Support Worker is a varied and interesting position. Key responsibilities include:
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Carry out designated duties/tasks as per the service duty roster, and other reasonable duties as instructed by the employer from time to time.
- Contributing to developing, following and implementing programs that support Clients in developing skills associated with daily living and to increase their capacity to be a part of the community.
- Support Clients in their chosen program to progress towards their Individual goals and ensure they meet their requirements under their NDIS Plan.
- Provide support to Clients who require assistance with tasks of daily living, personal care, domestic assistance and medication administration.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes the dignity, independence and acquisition of skills of Clients.
- Support Clients in developing skills covering all aspects of personal development and daily living as defined by goals set in their Individual Plan (IP).
- Ensure all Clients are treated with respect and dignity and provide culturally respectful and appropriate service delivery.
- Complete all required paperwork, documentation and recording which includes monitoring and documenting activities and goals as part of their NDIS Plan.
- Supporting Clients through peer support groups or weekend respite (as required by role).
Successful applicants will possess and demonstrate some relevant experience, and have an ability to follow procedures, good organisational skills and transferable life and work skills along with a caring and compassionate approach.
You will demonstrate excellent verbal and written English skills and possess the ability to effectively interact with clients and their Carers’, internal and external stakeholders. GPSO support workers are team players who can work effectively with people from different backgrounds.
You will require a current Drivers’ License, own reliable transport, a minimum of one year's driving experience and a full an unencumbered driving licence. A current Senior First Aid, CPR and Anaphylaxis Certificate, Working with Children Check (currency within 6 months) and a current National Police Check (currency within 6 months or willingness to obtain). We operate 24/7 and need our workers to have the ability to be flexible with work hours to meet reasonable demands of the position. You must be fit and healthy and meet the inherent requirements as described in the position description. A Certificate III in Individual Support - Disability is desired but not essential. TO APPLY OR FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information on GPSO check out our website on https://www.gpso.com.au
To be considered for this role you must submit your application online. This must include your resume AND a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
Apply For Job