05th May, 2020
GPSO - Griffith & Leeton | Casual or permanent employment 30+ hours a week
SCHADs Award Level 2 – Pay Point 1 $34.18 per hour casual, or $27.34 per hour permanent
Are you passionate about improving the lives of people with disability? GPSO is hiring now for experienced Disability Support Workers.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- We have an ongoing need for workers for regular/permanent shifts at our Griffith and Leeton centres.
- We are seeking candidates with flexibility to work mornings, evenings, weekends and overnight.
- Our clients require support for day program activities, personal care, community access, respite and other general lifestyle supports.
GPSO is a not for profit organisation supporting people of all ages with intellectual and physical disability or mental health condition. GPSO strives to provide the highest quality of care to our clients in the community 24/7. We assist people with a disability to achieve their full potential, enabling each person to enjoy quality of life whilst also becoming a valued community member.
GPSO is progressively expanding our services and as such we are looking for compassionate and dedicated Disability Support Workers who want to work with an impressive organisation and who are committed to lifting the standards of care provided in the community. QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Essential requirements include:
- A current Senior First Aid, CPR and Anaphylaxis Certificate
- Working with Children Check (currency within 6 months)
- National Police Check (currency within 6 months or willingness to obtain).
- Administer medication module (as provided for with Cert III) and experience in issuing medication.
- Fit and healthy and meet the inherent requirements as described in the position description.
- Current Drivers’ License and own reliable transport.
A Certificate III in Individual Support - Disability is desirable, but not essential.
Successful applicants will also possess and demonstrate relevant experience, and have an ability to follow procedures, good organisational skills and transferable life and work skills along with a caring and compassionate approach.
You will demonstrate excellent verbal and written English skills and possess the ability to effectively interact with clients and their Carers’, internal and external stakeholders. GPSO support workers are team players who can work effectively with people from different backgrounds. TO APPLY OR FOR MORE INFORMATION
To be considered for this role you must submit your application online. This must include your resume AND a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
For more information on GPSO check out our website on https://www.gpso.com.au
Apply For Job