21st May, 2020
Reference # 325942
About the Client
InvoCare, which is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), is a leading international provider of funeral, cemetery, crematoria and related services. It currently operates and is a market leader in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
InvoCare currently operates 290 funeral locations and 16 cemeteries and crematoria, all in competitive markets in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. InvoCare employs around 1,800 people globally and has a current turnover of approximately $400 million a year.
Some of the affiliated business within InvoCare include White Lady/Tobin Brothers Funerals, Le Pine Funerals.
About the Client
The Funeral Director – Arranger/Conductor is a member of the location team and assists the location staff in providing funeral services to the local community. The Arranger/Conductor actively contributes to a friendly and positive working environment where business outcomes, customer service, and staff cooperation are the focus.
The Arranger/Conductor reports to the Location Manager to:
- Arrange and conduct funerals, respecting individual family’s needs and wishes and in accordance with InvoCare policies, procedures and quality standards
- Provide exceptional customer service at all levels of contact with external and internal customers, by telephone and face-to-face
- Present product and service options to clients with sensitivity and to achieve financial goals and expectations
- Coordinate and direct the funeral team to ensure that instructions are accurately followed according to the funeral arrangements and to InvoCare policies and procedures.
These responsibilities are achieved through excellent interpersonal skills and by meticulous attention to detail in organising funerals. Funerals are required to reflect the individual situation of each family, as decided after the presentation and consideration of all product and service options.
The position requires confidence and communication skills to perform conducting duties within public forums. On-going, alert supervision of the proceedings and the Funeral Assistants is also required throughout the funeral process.
The nature of funeral service requires staff to be multi-skilled and to work cooperatively with their team. At times, you may be required to perform duties not specified in this job description in order to support operations and ensure good customer service.
The InvoCare culture of customer service means that all managers and staff not only provide excellent service to external customers, but also show the same attitude and commitment to colleagues across the company. About You
The position requires confidence and succinct communication skills to perform conducting duties within public forums. On-going, alert supervision of the proceedings and the Funeral Assistants is also required throughout the funeral process. The nature of funeral services requires staff to be multi-skilled and to work cooperatively with their team. At times, you may be required to perform duties not specified in this job description in order to support operations and ensure good customer service. The InvoCare culture of customer service means that all managers and staff not only provide excellent service to external customers, but also show the same attitude and commitment to colleagues across the company. Personal Qualities
- An understanding of the funeral service industry and its operations, or ability to rapidly acquire industry knowledge
- Experience in a service-driven organisation or ability to quickly learn the functions of the job
- Be at ease with death, the expression of grief and handling deceased people
- Show integrity by being honest, ethical and trustworthy
- Demonstrate commitment to the company’s philosophy, culture, policies and procedures
- Sell products and services with confidence and comfortably
- Plan, organise and conduct an event so that it runs smoothly within timelines
- Have a keen attention to detail and be able to think creatively to personalise funerals
- Communicate confidently one-on-one and in groups
- Show a willingness to go the extra mile for customers, balancing business needs with the needs of each customer, without becoming emotionally involved.
- Think on your feet to deal with unforeseen circumstances
- Be confidential and discreet with private information from customers and colleagues
- Use computers for word processing, data entry, email and intranet
- Produce documents which are accurate and legible with correct spelling and grammar
Essential Requirements All applicants must have a current unrestricted Driver’s Licence Ability to obtain Justice of the Peace To Apply
- Deal calmly with difficult people, family conflict, work pressure and emotional situations
- Show self-awareness and emotional maturity demonstrated by flexibility, open-mindedness, whilst being non-judgmental
- Listen carefully and demonstrate empathy
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Accept feedback about performance as a learning experience
- Address workplace issues with colleagues assertively and promptly - provide timely
- feedback about performance, confidently and supportively, so that it is easily accepted
- Please press the appropriate button on this page or give one of our friendly team members a call on 1300 946 471.
Apply For Job