25th March, 2020
Permanent (Preferred) or Contract
Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance required
About the Client
In March 2019 the CIO approved the Plan Burrut’tji to support the Defence War-fighter, which will transform Defence ICT for the future battlespace. Based on the direction outlined in Plan Burrut’tji, CIOG will drive substantial reform activity to align effort, internal governance and processes and most importantly, deliver an enhanced user centric culture driven by accountability and collaboration to be able to deliver for Defence its ICT needs for the future.
The Supplier is also required to assist the ICT Strategy Realisation Branch other and ICT strategy related operations, including:
About the Role
- Supporting the Strategic Planning and Management Office (SPMO) to support portfolio analysis and strategic planning activities, to provide cost assurance and modelling, provide specialist in interdependency, capacity/demand management services, Project support and ICT Governance across the Defence Single Information Environment (SIE).
- Assist with Defence’s broader ICT network strategy. Defence’s broader network strategy includes all aspects of fixed and deployed network and covers areas such as terrestrial communications, satellite communications, various gateways, HF, VLF, undersea cables, tactical integration, cyber security, spectrum management, network management, monitoring and control, applications and devices.
SRB requires several people for development of Defence’s broader ICT network strategy to support the Defence Broader Network strategy.
The Defence Broader Network strategy includes all aspects of fixed and deployed network and covers areas such as terrestrial communications, satellite communications, various gateways, High Frequency, Very Low Frequency, undersea cables, tactical integration, cyber security, spectrum management, network management, monitoring and control, applications and devices. The Key skills and responsibilities include:
- Stakeholder engagement for Network strategy including establishment of strategy working group(s) and engagement of any existing forums and governance bodies;
- Establishing an overall Network strategy framework;
- Analysis of Defence gaps and needs including any existing requirements and future needs;
- Mapping out the current strategic, operational and technical environment, reviewing relevant business and ICT strategies and their linkage to network strategy;
- Mapping out industry and partner direction and its linkage;
- Defining strategic drivers, objectives, principles and set future Network direction;
- Defining the future state Network including overall architecture, key architecture decisions and relevant patterns;
- Mapping out Defence business and ICT initiatives and its linkages;
- Developing implementation roadmap linking major and minor initiatives and investments;
- Defining Network operating model within Defence and ICT operating model and key considerations; and
- Delivering broader Network strategy and any sub-strategies and assist in Defence approval processes.
The role will require the following requirements to become a successful applicant:
- Demonstrated experience and ability to perform the role as described
- Canberra Based
- NV1 minimum level Security Clearance
- Please press the appropriate button on this page or give one of our friendly team members a call on 1300 946 471.
Apply For Job