12th January, 2022
Upholsterer- IMMEDIATE START
About the Company:
- Australian owned Family Business and a market-leading manufacturer
- Excellent Team & Culture and Ownership Role
- Very Competitive Package for experienced UPHOLSTERER
Our client is an Australian owned Family Business and a market-leading manufacturer, designer and distributor of Treatment, Examination, Rehabilitation, Beauty & Massage Equipment since 1987.
All products are 100% Australian made and their innovative designs and manufacturing capabilities have been rewarded with an Australian Industry Design Award in 1998 and wide acceptance in Australian and overseas markets.About the Role:
Due to the continued growth of their business for local and international markets, they have now outgrown their current facilities and have to a much bigger Facility.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic UPHOLSTERER
who can start work ASAP!
Working out of Head Office based in WACOL, and reporting to the Foreman, the duties of the role will be but not limited to the following:
- Study work orders to determine the amount and type of materials required to cover workpieces
- Follow sketches, patterns or blueprints to indicate cutting lines on fabrics using chalks, pencils or paint
- Measure and cut materials using manual or automated cutting instruments
- Confer with worksheets to determine colour, style, and fabric preferences
- Apply their knowledge of upholstery to build upholstered panels using a variety of hand or power tools
- Ensure projects are completed and delivered before the set deadline
- Cover wooden frame with soft materials such as cotton, felt pad, fibre or foam to improve texture and appearance
- Work with tools and materials such as glue, staples, saw, cement, tacks and nail guns
- Secure workpieces and materials onto production equipment
- Conduct routine maintenance of work tools and upholstery machine
- Finish upholstered furniture by attaching ornament trims, buttons, buckles, and grommets
- Operate sewing machine to sew upholstery and join various sections of covering fabric
- Replace defective or worn upholstery spring, webbing or wooden frame.
To be considered for the role you will be an experienced Purchasing Officer & Inventory Control
How to apply:
- Experience working as an Upholsterer
- Experience working with power tool
- Attention to detail
- Organised and able to multi-task
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- Punctual, Reliable, and trustworthy.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team.
If you are seeking a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader and are looking for an opportunity to further your career, via the "Apply Now" button below.
Apply For Job
- Hours are 7.00 am - 4.00 pm Monday to Friday
- Great hourly rate and negotiable.