09th November, 2022
Project Manager Responsibilities:
Apply For Job
· Manage the cradle-to-grave aspects of the life cycle of commercial and/or institutional design-build and design-bid-build projects
· Demonstrate process management to perform work contracted through a variety of contract delivery methods including indefinite-delivery indefinite-quantity (IDIQ), lump-sum contracting, design-build and fast track contracts.
· Manage the construction workflow process starting in the project origination phase, including estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration, financial management and closeout
· Oversee and manage assistant project managers, project engineers and field superintendents
· Meet with Owners and Design Professionals to determine project requirements, manage client satisfaction, and take immediate action to respond to problems and concerns
· Prioritize large volumes of complex work to meet established deadlines
· Demonstrate a drive for results and closure
· Act proactively, look for issues that could impede progress, and take responsibility for solving problems
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work
· Acquire and manage all building permits and other regulatory prerequisites
· Visit project work sites, clarify scope of work, and prepare cost estimates and proposals
· Evaluate projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings
· Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing contemporary scheduling software
· Document the management of the project via an organized electronic “paper” trail that can be easily understood by team members and third parties
· Develop and implement strategies to self-perform and to outsource the various aspects of a project to achieve the projects objectives of price, schedule and quality
· Negotiate contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders to ensure all project goals are being addressed
· Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems, and facilitate solutions
· Conduct and document project progress meetings
· Determine and implement the appropriate level of project control (i.e., submittal logs, change order logs, etc.)
· Manage project costs to ensure budgets are maintained
· Document and manage changes in the work to ensure the interests of all stakeholders in the project are reasonably met
· Create and follow up on monthly requisitions to the Owner and maintain a regular dialogue with project vendors to ensure all financial matters are kept within contract terms
· Ensure that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project takes place
· Administer client-specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.
· Provide timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, HR, etc.
· Document substantial completion and manage the project closeout process to ensure timely completion
· Conduct and/or participate in regularly held meetings involving our internal staff and external stake holders, such as Owners, Subcontractors, etc.
· Obtain and maintain current safety credentials to include OSHA 30, 1st Aid/AED and CPR
· Obtain and maintain CQMC certification issued by USACE / NAVFAC
· Obtain and maintain other certifications as required
· Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with spreadsheets, scheduling software, email and other computer programs used in the construction industry
· Effectively communicate with staff and project stakeholders to facilitate collaboration
· Demonstrate respect for others
· Provide training, mentoring and coaching to assist and develop other members of the project team
· Participate in industry networking functions
· Participate in, and encourage staff to seek out, life-long learning opportunities and professional development
*Our benefits package includes PTO, Health, Dental, Holidays, annual bonus based on company and employee performance, 401K and profit sharing.