Supervise, direct and coordinate activities of assigned workers in the fabricating and installing HVAC assemblies and systems
Perform routine HVAC installation activities without direct oversight or on-site assistance.
· Attend site meetings.
· Conduct site safety meetings with crew.
· Responsible for calling in all inspections to the proper municipalities in a timely manner.
· Responsible for coordinating all subcontractors (such as insulators/control subcontractors) and ensure they stay on schedule.
· Accurately estimates hours and materials for scheduled jobs. When requested by Project Manager.
· Performs normal clerical functions as needed (Example: Timesheets, Daily Reports, Receive Tickets, etc.)
· Ensure work site is cleaned of debris created by installation of HVAC systems.
· Receive equipment and materials at site.
· Performs related duties as directed by the applicable CES General Foreman or CES Project Manager.
· Knowledge of job standards and specifications.
· Supervise, direct and coordinate activities of assigned workers in the fabricating and installing HVAC assemblies and systems in building or work sites according to blueprints, specifications and other resource information using hand tools, portable power tools and other specialized equipment.
· Interpret plans, specifications, and job orders as needed for area of supervision.
· Inspect assemblies and installation work for conformance with plans, specifications and trade standards using naked eye as well as measuring instruments, such as measuring tape, rule, plumb bob or level.
· Install Equipment & materials as required by project.
· Explain and enforce company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
· Establish and adjust work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel. May study schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job.
Must have prior foreman experience with good references
Work skillfully with tools, materials and machines.
Visualize objects in three-dimensions from drawings, sketches or blueprints.
Work within industry standards of accuracy.
Perform a variety of duties that may change often.
Attention to detail
Familiar with all types of HVAC systems
Concrete construction knowledge
· High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) and graduate of a post-secondary program of instruction of two or more years in duration or completion of apprenticeship program or similar training program and appropriate work experience required.
· Have three or more years of successful and full-time installation experience in craft.
· Have good oral and reading skills, including the ability to read and apply the project plans and specifications and the manufacturers’ installation instructions, and clearly communicate with customers, suppliers, other employees, and other trades.