Client is a heavy industrial mechanical contractor that focuses
on the installation, service, and maintenance of power and process systems in the manufacturing, industrial and power generation market. Client is based in Baltimore, MD.
Summary of Position
The Project Engineer will be working out of the Baltimore area office. This person will assist with management of multiple projects between DC and York, PA, under the supervision of the Operations Manager in order to ensure that projects are delivered safely, on-budget, within schedule and in compliance with the company’s standards and to the customer’s satisfaction.
Projects will range in size, scope, and complexity. Long-term projects typically last 3-6 months for a client, however, there are typically multiple projects located at each client site.
Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of his or her work.
Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
Teamwork – Builds good relationships and rapport with customers, peers, supervisors, managers, and field employees throughout the organization.
Consistency – Consistently follows documented procedures and suggests changes / updates when appropriate.
Dependability – This assignment will require both teamwork, and the ability to work alone on specific tasks.Primary Responsibilities
- Daily coordination with the Operations Manager to support current and upcoming projects in the field.
-Assist with project buyout for supplied materials, ensuring compliance with client specifications and industry standards.
-Expedite the material deliveries of subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with the project schedule and coordinated with the project team.
- Maintain and complete a current record of submittals (when required), approvals and resubmittals.
- Manage the RFI process and ensure drawings are up-to-date.
- Manage specific budgets on a project-by-project basis within the company cost control system.
- Accumulate all necessary data for monthly owner and subcontractor applications for payment.
- Assist with pre-construction and progress meetings with clients and subcontractors, as appropriate.
- Assist with estimating new opportunities, to include labor production, material take offs and quotes, and subcontractor pricing.
- Weekly coordination with the Operations Manager to support current and upcoming projects in the field.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management
- 2-10 Years previous construction experience, preferably as a Mechanical Contractor or Prime Contractor.
- Thorough understanding of plans and specifications.
- Scheduling and estimating experience are a plus.
- Self-Starter – Ability to work alone on a project, and also as part of a team.
-Effective written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills.