12th September, 2022
Construction Project Manager/Estimator duties and responsibilities
Apply For Job
• Read/review all bid RFP documentation in order to gain a understanding of project requirement
• Conduct bid review and coordinate any in-house self-preform vs subcontracting
• Ensure solid sub/vendor coverage, and preform detailed takeoffs
• Development of project cost estimates of assigned projects.
• Solicit and review bids from subcontractors and material suppliers for correct scope of work.
• Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern
for utilization of resources.
• Minimizes exposure and risk by implementing tight schedule control, and strong safety standards and
quality assurance controls
• Prepare subcontract agreements and purchase orders for review/approval by senior management.
• Prepare project budgets for approval, and setting up project. Make sure all subs have properly
executed subcontracts, with complete scopes, and all required insurance, and bondbacks are in place.
Prepare and completing the job start-ups and closeout checklists.
• Prepare/submit all project submittals and maintain all project logs. Track and obtain properly
executed documents to include contracts, insurance certificates, bonds and other documents as required to
protect Meltech interests.
• Provide support information to the detailed project construction progress schedule in coordination
with Superintendent, Sr. Project Manager, subcontractors and suppliers. Update the schedule on a timely
basis or as required by the Project with guidance from the primary Project Manager.
• Prepare and monitor tracking logs for contract documents, submittals, shop drawings, requests for
information (RFI''s), change orders, material deliveries and other quality control.
• Prepare change proposals, learn to negotiate change orders, execute change orders, issue change
orders to subcontractors and others and prepare revisions to the budget, as a result of change orders and
management revisions with direction of primary Project Manager.
Prepares and coordinates project reports and drawing reviews for clients, property/facility management
team, and project team (as applicable) at conceptual, schematic, design development and construction
phases of project.
• Assists in the selection and contracting process of consultants and construction teams as necessary for
• Reviews requisitions, change orders and other invoices associated with the project and confers with
client and property management on costs and impacts.
• Support the marketing of services to clients as requested.
• Observes corporate, building, and client/owner policies and procedures.
• Maintain a complete and accurate set of contract documents.
• Participate in the preparation of the Project Status Report.
• Management of project start-up process thru project closeout process.
• Adheres to government laws and regulations and established rulings of government authorities
including building codes, safety regulations, etc.
• Carries out responsibilities in a professional, courteous manner at all times, and maintains high
qualitative and quantitative standards of work performance.
• Learn and coordinate with other project team members to assure adherence to Best Practices.
• Obtain and maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Project Manager/Estimator Requirements
• Knowledge of principles and practices of engineering and construction project management,
including safety standards.
• Project management and scheduling software experience (i.e. MS Project or Primavera)
• Previous SABER or JOC working experience as Project Manager/Estimator for (1-10) years
• Knowledge of estimating and project management
• Familiarity with Timberline, RSMEANS or 4Clicks a plus
• Technical writing, preparing work plans a plus
• Project scheduling and bid scheduling a plus
• Good time-management skills, and ability to multi-task
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and critical-thinker and problem-solver
• BA in engineering, construction science or minimum 4 years SABER/JOC PM/Estimator exp
• Prefer S or TS Clearance but willing to consider non-cleared candidate (must be clearable)