PIMS Group is one of the largest providers of underground coal mining services and solutions in the Australian coal industry. PIMS have built strong and trusted relationships with our clients and employees and are looking for great people to join our team!
PIMS are seeking a Trade Qualified Compliance Officer to assist in maintaining compliance for all our mine site plant, equipment and tools within strict schedules.
We take pride in our people, our safety culture and maintaining our equipment to a high standard. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, have a strong commitment to safety and work well in a team environment.
The role is based in a maintenance workshop environment at a workshop in Moranbah, travel will also be required to Bowen Basin Coal Mine sites. The role will be on a 5/2/4/3 roster with accommodation supplied.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Inspect, photograph and data entry of all plant, equipment and tools including tagged and tested equipment
- Carry out pre-start checks on plant and equipment to be operated
- Diagnose and report faults and authorise minor repairs
- Ensure all items are adequately secured in vehicles used for transportation
- Follow OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) work instructions and procedures to carry out tasks
- Calibrate relevant plant and equipment as required
- Strive for zero damage to plant and equipment
- Plan, prioritise and execute tasks in accordance with defined schedules and operational parameters
Applicants must have:
- Previous experience in a similar Compliance focused role, preferably within a mining/civil environment
- Mechanically minded with previous experience within a workshop environment
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Standard 11 (or willingness to obtain)
- A current QLD driver’s licence
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn new skills including competence in Microsoft Office
- High focus on safety
If your skills and experience match this role and you have an excellent work ethic, attitude and safety conscious approach, then we want to talk to you! Only those with the relevant experience and qualifications will be considered. To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the right to live and work in Australia. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.