13th August, 2019
Founded in 2010, Zettagrid Pty Ltd is an Australian based public cloud computing provider. We offer a range of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings, including Virtual Servers, Virtual Data Centres (vDC), DRaaS, Replication, Object Storage and private, public and hybrid cloud solutions.
Through a scalable and highly automated platform, Zettagrid’s fantastically clever people work to simplify a complex world for our partners and customers.
Zettagrid is looking for an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) engineer to join our organisation as a Platform Engineer. The role is focused on helping support, run and evolve our VMWare (including vSphere, vCloud Director, NSX), Backup, DR-as-a-Service and related infrastructure.
Reporting to the Lead Architect (Sydney), this role is being offered from our Perth headquarters or Sydney office.
Is this you?
The ideal candidate will be:
- Comfortable working autonomously across multiple projects while serving as an escalation point to the Operations Centre;
- Self-motivated with a willingness to continually develop new skills that can be applied in ways that improve our approach to managing infrastructure through automation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Planning, documenting and executing upgrades, deployments, migrations and refinements to the Zettagrid platform in accordance with established change controls;
- Serving as an escalation point to the Operations Centre for assistance with the resolution of technical support enquiries and incidents including participation in our on-call roster;
- Applying DevOps methodologies and tools to help automate all aspects of the Zettagrid platform’s objectives around efficiency, security and repeatability;
- Assisting with the evaluation, development and deployment of new services on the Zettagrid platform; and
- Participating in the on-call roster for technical support outside of normal business hours (After Hours - Customers’ support requests and response to alerts and monitoring).
- Solid experience supporting the operational aspects of public or private cloud infrastructure and managing change in live environments;
- A working knowledge of VMWare vSphere 6.x and related software;
- Experience working with diverse storage and server infrastructure;
- Prior experience working with Backup and DR software such as Veeam Backup & Recovery, Zerto or similar;
- Experience in building and maintaining Windows and Linux (CentOS/Debian) machines running web servers (e.g. nginx, Apache, IIS), load balancers (e.g. HAProxy) and databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server);
- Experience with Networking - firewalling, NAT, load balancing and routing, and
- Effective listening and communication skills with the ability to write well-structured documentation.
- Experience with VMWare NSX, vCloudDirector, vRealize Operations Manager and/or vCloud Availability;
- Experience scripting in PowerShell, Python, BASH, PHP or similar;
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Packer and/or Terraform and using them with SCM systems such as Git;
- Experience working with RESTful APIs; and
- Possession of commercial awareness and understanding of the daily dealings of a service provider delivering ISP and Cloud computing products and services to corporate customers.
The following qualifications or certifications are desirable, but not essential where equivalent industry experience can be demonstrated by the right candidate:
Please note that due to client requirements, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent tertiary education in a technical field;
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV);
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Cloud Management and Automation Exam (VCP6-CMA); and
- ITIL Fundamentals.
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please submit your cover letter and CV.
Applications close Friday, 23 August 2019
, however we may commence the interviewing and selection process sooner.
Remuneration is dependent on the candidate’s skill set and level of relevant industry experience.
At Zetta Group we pride ourselves on our diverse work force and encourage people from all cultural backgrounds and abilities to apply for roles with the company.
Apply For Job