09th May, 2022
The Asylum Seekers Centre’s (ASC) Health Service operates a Primary Health Clinic and Health program for people seeking asylum, to ensure access to support and assistance with their health needs.
The service provides assessments, support with medications, specialist clinics, mental health support, health education, advocacy and referral services to other agencies in Sydney.
The Registered Nurse works within the Health team to provide health assessments and ongoing health management support for people seeking asylum.
The role works within a nurse-led model and in collaboration with other ASC Services and Engagement programs and agency partners in the sector.
This is a part-time, fixed term contract for 2 days per week (15.2 hours) until February 2023. Due to the nature of the team's needs, we require this position for Mondays and Fridays.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
To be successful in this position, it is essential that you can demonstrate in your application:
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Minimum 5 years' experience in clinical nursing
- Current nursing registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated sound clinical assessment skills with the ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated communication skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Experience working with interpreters in a cross cultural environments
- Commitment to social justice and issues of access and equity in health
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy
- Current Unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence (P2 Licence acceptable)
- Valid NSW Working With Children’s Check.
ASC is an inclusive organisation. We embrace all that makes us different and recognise the benefits that these differences make. We are committed to supporting and ensuring a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
We strongly encourage applications from people with lived experience of seeking asylum, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders peoples, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
If you require support to apply for this position, or would like to discuss the role, please contact Andrea Watkins - (02) 9078 1900 or email email@example.com OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR PEOPLE
ASC is committed to developing and supporting our employees through a range of opportunities and benefits, including:
HOW TO APPLY
- Flexible work and study arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Leave Loading of 17.5%
- Paid Parental Leave program
- Bonus Paid Leave over the December-January Holiday Season
- Salary packaging option (up to $15,900/year tax-free)
- Meal and Entertainment packaging option (up to $2,650/year tax-free)
To request a copy of the Position Description
please email Andrea Watkins firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your CV and a covering letter. Only applications that include a CV and address the key selection criteria within a covering letter, will be considered.
Remuneration for this role is set in line with the Public Health System Nurses’ & Midwives’ (State) Award 2021.
Applications will be reviewed as submitted and close Friday 20 May.
Apply For Job