05th March, 2020
Job Summary: The Supplier Quality Engineer Specialist in Hopkinton, Massachusetts will develop, analyze, and establish supplier quality systems and procedures to ensure compliance with all government and industry regulations. Provide quality support for new product development activities of medical device products following design control requirements and internal procedures.
Apply For Job
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads and manages an ongoing Commodity Team process that drives a wide variety of improvements across the supply chain
• Provide quality support for new product development activities of medical device products following design control requirements and internal procedures. Assist in design and implementation of policies and procedures for verification and validation of processes, equipment, and medical device products.
• Regulate and administer relationship with key suppliers related to quality, raw materials, and execution issues to ensure compliance with quality requirements for specifications.
• Drives improvement to the existing supplier quality system
• Leads supplier selection, qualification, and certification initiatives including audits, first article evaluations, and dock-to-stock initiatives
• Manage and improve a Supplier Quality Rating and Certification System and conduct data collection and analysis to maintain continuous quality improvement
• Develops and implements programs for improving supplier quality, productivity, and delivery including value engineering, value added servicing, process improvement and total cost improvements
• Assists in the New Product Development functions during product design and introductions that involve purchased materials, tooling, and services
• Plays an active role in developing and overseeing supplier transition and outsourcing plans as needed
• Visits suppliers to assess their quality system and process capabilities as well as understand and communicate developments and changes at suppliers and/or in technology that may affect PerkinElmer
• Develops, refines, and documents inspection procedures, QC sampling plans, and product/material acceptance criteria
• Participates in the material review board activity relating to the disposition of material and resolution of defect issues
• Acts as a resource and liaison to suppliers, engineering, and purchasing to resolve concerns or clarify requirements
• BS degree, preferably in an engineering/scientific discipline
• 7+ years in the Supplier Quality field directly related to leading the implementation of supplier management and certification programs
• Applicable certifications preferred (APICS, CQE, CQA, CQM, etc)
• Communication—must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms, and at all levels in the organization
• Comprehensive knowledge of Regulations (domestic and international), manufacturing methods / processes, procedures and cost-reduction techniques
• Knowledge of project management techniques.
• Ability to use problem-solving tools (SPC, TQM, etc.) to optimize processes.
• Ability to analyze a situation or data; evaluate relevant identifiable factors and translate this information into a meaningful proposal or action plan.
• Ability to develop and carry out corrective action plan interfacing with multiple groups when required.
• Perform Effectiveness Checks for the Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) and ensure the SCAR
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas and approaches in the form of proposals, plans and presentations.
• Ability to handle and manage multiple complex projects