25th March, 2020
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
I am working with one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, they have been valued for their integrity, performance and customer focus which they have demonstrated through innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
My client specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Their capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support. Job Description
To support the exciting growth strategy, my client need an additional Bid Manager to join their team. This role will work in collaboration with the Aerostructures and Land Systems (A&LS) team and will be key to growing our business.
The purpose of this role is to consistently deliver high quality, competitive solutions and proposals in a structured and managed way. The Bid Manager will help continue the development of a highly effective bid winning capability within the A&LS Business Unit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the bid team and all aspects of bid management on assigned bids and tasks to ensure the preparation and submission of winning proposals. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Conduct and lead the bid progression and approval process in accordance with my clients Life Cycle Management system
- Develop, manage and implement bid management plans
- Ensure requirements are understood early to maximise the use of available time in bid teams
- Undertake elements of bid and proposal activity as appropriate, including risk assessments and mitigation actions
- Liaise regularly with all stakeholders to ensure their buy-in to proposals
- Ensure efficient communication with customers, where appropriate via the Sales Team
- Determine and manage the bid budget
- Oversee the final production and delivery of the proposal
- Carry out ‘lessons learnt’ reviews, and feed back key points for improvement to the department, other relevant functions and my clients Bid Managers (as appropriate).
- A comprehensive knowledge and experience of bid management, coupled with strong planning and scheduling skills
- Previous examples of team leadership in a time-critical environment
- Previous experience of budget management and reporting
- Experience of government and large prime contractor tender processes
- Previous bid or delivery experience in a complex engineering/defence or similar/related project environment or industry
- Confident and tenacious yet diplomatic with an ability to create and foster working relationships internally and with customers at all levels of the business
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised and produce accurate work under pressure whilst continuing to meet set deadlines
- Innovative with the ability to develop and clearly express novel approaches and solutions and effectively resolve arising issues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel if required
Apply For Job
- Commercial and financial awareness
- A good working knowledge of all MS Office packages