Currently working with a British listed company who are experts in delivering large scale events and exhibitions on a global stage. They also create intelligence-based products and data-driven services and provide access to cutting-edge research for their customers in specialised markets.
They are seeking a Platform Delivery Manager (Content & Media) to join their team in either London or New York. Key responsibilities of the role
Responsible for delivery of Technology initiatives on the content & Media platforms, working closely with technology colleagues, 3rd party vendors and business stakeholders. Works closely with the businesses to understand their business objectives, product strategies and roadmaps and requirements so they can be continually translated into prioritised technology deliverables
· Develop, implement and champion best practices across Product Platform Delivery.
Oversee the run and change activities for the domain-specific platforms ie Content & Media
· Act as the senior contact for business stakeholders. Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders (setting expectations, comms, unblocking)
· Work closely with businesses to interpret the product strategy/business objectives so this can be continually translated into prioritised technology deliverables People Management Responsibilities
What we’re looking for
- Oversee, motivate and manage the Platform delivery team for Content & Media.
- People development to ensure effectiveness of that colleague, concentrating on both performance and soft skill development
- Planning and prioritising the work for the team, ensuring resource management is considered
- Preparation and reporting of specific performance metrics within agreed deadlines
Knowledge & experience
- Deep understanding of software and platform development processes as well as being able to work with and get the best out of 3rd party vendors – with at least 3 years’ experience of delivering significant change across digital products/platforms
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing a team with specific evidence of building team skills and capability
- Deep understanding of the industry & competitor landscape
- Business and commercial understanding/acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex concepts and information to diverse audiences with varying degrees of technical understanding. Must be able to inspire stakeholder confidence in technology solutions being put forth by the Platforms team.