17th November, 2022
We are the facilitator of a thriving, resilient and liveable city full of opportunities, and the custodians of an environment like no other. We ensure Albury is a great place to live, work and invest.
This position will actively support the Team Leader Building
Surveying to provide a customer focused and responsive Building
Surveying service to the community. The jobholder will undertake
and supervise other staff to conduct delegated Building Surveying
regulatory functions and duties associated with buildings &
structures (all classes under the National Construction Code),
development approvals, swimming pools and fire safety
assessment, approvals and inspections.
Qualifications & experience
Tasks & responsibilities
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Building Surveying or related discipline and/or relevant demonstrated Building Surveying experience
- Accredited as a Registered Certifier – Building Surveyor Unrestricted/ Restricted by the NSW Department of Fair Trading
- Extensive knowledge of the National Construction Code and associated standards
- Extensive customer service skills
- Class C (standard) Driver’s Licence (compulsory to have and maintain)
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
This role will
- Exercise the role of Certifying Authority and Principal Certifying Authority on behalf of Council under the provisions of the associated legislation
- Assess and determine applications for Part 6 Building and Subdivision Certification Applications.
- Carry out critical stage inspections of all classes of buildings and structures.
- Review and approve correspondence and applications assessed by Building Surveyors and Trainees
- Assess and determine Development Applications for dwelling houses and ancillary structures.
- Prepare conditions of Development Consent – referrals
- Process section 68 applications such as Solid Fuel Heater,
- Building Information Certificates, stormwater, OSSM and plumbing approvals.
- Undertake inspections of section 68 approvals
- Facilitate the implementation of a Fire safety inspection program and provide a follow up service with regard to “Annual Fire Safety Statements”.
- Undertake inspections for Council’s Swimming Pool Inspection Program.
- Provide general customer support services.
- Undertake general administrative duties and functions, including the NSW Planning Portal.
- Maintain building, swimming pool, plumbing and other data bases as required.
- Attract a salary of $94,363 to $103,800 plus 10.5% Superannuation
- Work a 35 hour week, with actual days and times being Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm, with a fortnightly Rostered Day Off.
- A fully maintained vehicle is available with access to
Commuter use or private use under AlburyCity’s Leaseback
Live and work in a culture rich location minutes from the Murray River, just a short drive to one of Victoria’s best wine regions and with the ski fields so close you will be zooming down the mountains in under two hours.
Our employee benefits include professional development and flexible working conditions. Our conditions of employment support equal opportunities and an ethical, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
We also recognise and value your priorities beyond work. It’s important to us that you have a sustainable work–life balance, so we offer flexible working arrangements, a nine-day fortnight (full-time staff) and a range of leave options and support programs.
This role closes on the 11 December 2022. The role may close earlier for the right applicant. Should you require any further information for this role please email Paul Sullivan
or call on 02 6023 8124.
To view a full Position Description for this role, please visit the AlburyCity Careers page alburycity.nsw.gov.au/careers
Apply For Job