20th July, 2022
Our client parent company is a market leader and innovator in the building products and design space. The organisation is at the forefront of developing new and improved products to be sold across a variety of distribution channels. This division focuses on commercial markets and is the market leader.
This division is building out the marketing team and adding an assistant product manager to focus on NPD, product innovation and portfolio maintenance. This requires a unique person to work product and component sourcing and bringing new products to market.
What is in it for you?
This role reports to the General Manager of the division. The GM has a distinguished product marketing background and is an ideal manager to support and guide the next step of your career.
You’ll work closely with a marketing communications manager and the sales team. You are not just sitting behind a desk, but in the field to understand customer needs, and market trends and translate that into product updates, fixes and innovations. This is classic all four P’s of marketing. This company has an excellent reputation for rigour in product management systems, processes and career development. There are many examples of product managers in this business being promoted internally and/or and taking on senior roles within the building industry. This business is a career accelerator for product managers! Your responsibilities
- Developing the annual product plan and execution
- Developing a business case to support your strategies and present this to the business
- Managing pricing and margins
- Product lifecycle management and range reviews
- Analysis of sales, market data, market intelligence
- Market research
- Drive new product development and negotiate and work closely with suppliers to source components to help produce a finished product
- Work closely with production, engineering and procurement teams to bring new products to market
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in marketing and/or engineering
- Working with technical products that require you to understand how they work and go together
- Strong project management skills
- Preferably experience in a local manufacturing environment
- Team player and able to work cross-functionally in a friendly and professional manner
- Negotiation skills – internally and with suppliers
Saunders Lynn and Co is dedicated to servicing the needs of the interiors, architectural and homemaker products. All applications are treated in strict confidence. To find out more about this career opportunity contact Kerri O'Connor on (02) 9002 3009. Please quote Assignment No. KO/912967
Who is Kerri O’Connor?
Kerri has over 23 years of recruitment experience in consumer durables and the building products sector. She has spent that time recruiting sales and marketing staff. This makes her one of the longest serving and most established recruiters of sales and marketing staff in Australia with long standing relationships with employers of choice. Kerri is a former marketer and sales executive within the building industry before moving into recruitment. She has a passion for career development and helping her candidates curate brilliant careers. If this role doesn’t sound like the ideal next step, call her for a confidential career conversation on 02 9002 3009.
Apply For Job