06th February, 2019
Chief Financial Officer
The City of Unley is recognised for its vibrant lifestyle offerings, city fringe and community spirit that is home to over 1,200 businesses and 40,000 residents. They make engaging with the local community a priority – via business initiatives, community events, arts and sustainability projects, community services, volunteering programs and more. They recognise that a talented and diverse workforce is fundamental to building a commercially strong, community focussed organisation. The City of Unley is seeking an experienced finance professional to lead the team and to build on Council’s financial capacity.
Reporting to the General Manager – Business Support and Improvement, your purpose will be to lead the overall financial, procurement and rates functions, by providing financial management, accounting and reporting services across the organisation. In addition to providing strategic financial analysis, preparation of budgets and executive reports, and coordination of financial plans, your ability to effectively lead the Business Finance and Procurement team will be critical to your success. Your key responsibilities will be to:
Your key competencies will include:
- Show constructive leadership of the Finance and Procurement team, ensuring the services provided by the team utilise a business partnering model
- Provide strategic analysis and accurate reports on the Council’s financial position, along with recommendations and advice for the Executive Management team and Elected Members
- Coordinate the annual budget, monitor financial plans and develop strategies for appropriate funding allocations and budget compliance
- Monitor internal financial controls, including external financial audits that comply with accounting standards, legislation and all relevant regulatory requirements
- Implement innovative solutions in the accounting systems and financial processes to maximise efficiency of Council funds
- Develop partnerships with government agencies and professional bodies to ensure knowledge of current issues and plan for future funding requirements.
- Highly developed leadership skills and experience in a regulated financial environment
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting/finance with demonstrated technical skills and ability to interpret and apply accounting standards, legislation and regulations
- A minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a financial management role
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve strategic goals, particularly through change programs
- Highly developed analytical and innovative thinking skills, with the ability to implement new and efficient business solutions.
In return for your commitment, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and benefits including the option to salary sacrifice a motor vehicle, access to education and development, incentives and a unique opportunity to make a mark on your career.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Matt Hobby on 08 8273 9385 or Click on the APPLY button to submit your letter of application and CV. Applications close on 1st March 2019. The successful candidate will be offered a fixed-term contract.
Apply For Job