03rd May, 2021
We would love for you to join us if you are good at building strong relationships and have experience in the areas of humanitarian response, disaster risk reduction and program management.
Let’s talk about you
You will thrive as the Program Coordinator, Pacific if you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in international development or other relevant discipline (or equivalent)
- An understanding of issues related to development and humanitarian response in the Pacific region
- Demonstrated experience working in the international humanitarian field with civil society and/or church partners, with a focus on resilience programming and disaster risk management
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating complex multi-stakeholder arrangements spread across a range of geographic and socio-economic contexts (i.e. DFAT or other donors)
- Demonstrated experience in project management and administration including program planning, reporting and financial management
- Demonstrated experience of capacity building and mentoring of staff and partners, including experience in consensus building and reflective learning approaches
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, cross cultural communication and ability to work collaboratively within a team
Let’s talk about your next role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting Caritas Australia’s growth strategy in the Pacific region, identifying and establishing new long-term partnerships and programs that aim to build resilience in communities
- Coordinating the implementation of programs aimed at empowering Caritas Australia partners and communities to prepare for and mitigate disasters and support locally-led emergency response
- Supporting Caritas Australia’s localisation agenda by ensuring there is a strong level of accompaniment and capacity strengthening of partners
- Coordinating all stages of the project cycle, including supporting partners in program Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and coordinating budget management and financial reporting for all projects
- Leading, coaching and motivating a Program Officer to provide effective administrative support and assistance with programs and projects
- Accompanying partners to address the drivers of climate change and support country level church-based advocacy as well as regional advocacy initiatives
- Developing funding proposals and accompanying partners to ensure key external grant reporting requirements are met
- Actively participate in and contribute to joint stakeholder initiatives that focus on building DRR capacity in the region
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Sound like you?
That’s a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas, we offer genuine flexible work/life balance.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home, an office or a combination of both.
We are a not-for-profit, so we offer a range of benefits. You can find more out here: https://www.caritas.org.au/about/careers/work-with-us
Learn more about Caritas Australia, our work and how we’re making a difference at: https://www.caritas.org.au/
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your application including your cover letter and CV by 17 May 2021
. We will be interviewing as applications come through, so please don’t delay in submitting yours.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Caritas Australia, we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults towards whom we have a special responsibility. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. If the position requires a Working with Children Check or foreign police check, it is your responsibility to obtain one before starting work. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct which includes a section on Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults as well as to abide by our safeguarding policies.
Our commitment to diversity
At Caritas Australia, we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Apply For Job