Let’s talk about you
You will thrive as the Administration Officer if you have:
Let’s talk about your next role
- experience in providing administrative support
- strong organisational skills with an eye for detail
- high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365
- ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across an organisation
- ability to communicate effectively with team members and external stakeholders using both written and verbal communication skills
In this role, you will be responsible for:
About Caritas Australia
- providing high-level administrative support to managers across multiple teams
- organising and coordinating team meetings
- ensuring relevant team members are briefed and prepared for meetings by preparing materials and agendas
- taking notes and minutes in team meetings
- assisting the Head of Engagement & Sustainability with general administrative tasks including booking travel and accommodation; on-boarding new staff; coordinating team schedules and contacts
- organising and maintaining effective filing of documentation and resources; ensuring the integrity of the overall file structure for the team on SharePoint
- assisting with the coordination of fundraising events and activities
- arranging for the timely approval and payment of invoices across the team
- making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development. Sound like you?
That’s a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas, we offer genuine flexible work/life balance.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home, an office or a combination of both.
We are a not-for-profit, so we offer a range of benefits. You can find more out here: https://www.caritas.org.au/about/careers/work-with-us
Learn more about Caritas Australia, our work and how we’re making a difference at: https://www.caritas.org.au/
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your application including your cover letter and CV by COB Monday 10 May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Our commitment to safeguarding
At Caritas Australia, we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults towards whom we have a special responsibility. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. If the position requires a Working with Children Check or foreign police check, it is your responsibility to obtain one before starting work. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct which includes a section on Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults as well as to abide by our safeguarding policies. Our commitment to diversity
At Caritas Australia, we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.