09th July, 2019
Communications, Marketing and Design Officer - Dalby
HB Recruitment is a market leader in the provision of Recruitment and Human Resources. We have successfully supplied quality staff to both State and Local Government departments and Private organisations on the Darling Downs and surrounds since 1995.
Our client, a Government agency based in Dalby, is currently seeking a Communications, Marketing and Design Officer, to commence immediately for a temporary 12 week assignment – full time hours.
Operating from within the Communication and Marketing Department, you will assist to effectively communicate information about services, projects, events, and initiatives to both internal and external audiences through creative design solutions and innovative marketing strategies. This role is responsible for designing effective visual communication and marketing campaigns that support their internal brand, increase awareness and recognition of initiatives in the community and promote a professional public image.
This role encompasses a range of duties and responsibilities which may vary as directed. The key ones include:
- Performing duties as directed by the Senior Media and Communications Officer in accordance with corporate and operational plans.
- Coordinating projects, creative innovative campaigns and generating creative content for social media platforms and digital space and working to improve the overall performance of these channels
- Writing concise and accurate media releases and editorial copy (internal and external) on news and film, edit and package video and audio suitable for a range of platforms, eg. news broadcast, website and social media
- Designing high quality communication and marketing collateral in accordance with their brand hierarchy and associated style guides across a range of platforms including print, broadcast, and digital.
- Establishing positive working relationships with local media and providing concise, accurate responses to enquiries whilst supporting communication effort and response during emergency and disaster events (including out of business hours) and as part of a roster monitor social media after hours to ensure a quick response rate is upheld
- Providing advice and support to departments to develop and design effective visual marketing campaigns and/or materials from concept through to approval.
- Creating visual communication and marketing campaigns through photography and film skills in collaboration with the Communication and Marketing Team.
- Providing timely and accurate research, analysis and reports to your supervisor on industry trends.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing procedures and work instructions in collaboration with your supervisor.
Suitability for this position will be based on experience, application, achievement, and potential in the following critical competencies as they link to the key responsibilities for this position.
Proven/Demonstrated experience in:
Required Knowledge / Qualifications
- Marketing and communications with an ability to think outside the square to recommend creative solutions.
- Organising and structuring complex communication information and content to visually assist audience comprehension.
- Identifying and utilising appropriate communication platforms to reach targeted audiences.
- Building and maintaining productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively utilising communication and interpersonal skills to understand the customer's expectations and needs.
- Working collaboratively as a member of the team who informs and engages others of decisions and actions through effective communication.
- Strong organisational and time management skills including the ability to adapt to changing work priorities and meet deadlines whilst delivering high quality work.
A person in this position will need to hold a relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing and Communications and associated discipline (eg. Graphic Design) OR
be able to demonstrate equivalent related experience. It is also highly desirable that a person in this position has demonstrated knowledge of tourism, events and promotion.
Please Apply Online, or alternatively contact HB Group on Tel: 4639 4410 for further information. Applications close 5.00pm Thursday 10 July 2019. email@example.com
Apply For Job