The Product Management department is responsible for (i) serving as representatives/spokespeople for our client's strategies and products to explain strategy positioning and investment theses; (ii) creating, refining and managing content that effectively conveys their strategies’ investment approach, capabilities and portfolio activity; (iii) responding to investor requests for information about their prospective and current investments and meeting with those clients and prospects to explain strategy/product positioning and value proposition; (iv) developing and/or assessing new-product opportunities; and (v) delivering marketing programming initiatives that serve to raise awareness about our client's offerings and broad platform capabilities.
This Product Management – Product Analyst will be aligned to multiple client strategies/products and will support those areas at the direction and under the supervision of Product Specialist(s). The candidate will be expected to develop internal subject matter expertise regarding their strategies’ approach, areas of focus and portfolios.
Selected responsibilities include:
Product Marketing / Fundraising
• Supporting Product Management and Investment teams in the design and creation of fundraising-related product/strategy content (e.g., pitch books and presentations, competitor analyses, talking points, thought pieces)
‒ Assisting in the development/improvement of existing content or the development of new materials by staying abreast of industry and asset class trends
‒ Learning compliance and related industry advertising rules to assist in the creation of compliant content (may include creating supporting documentation in partnership with other departments)
‒ Assuming project management responsibilities related to new product launches or other initiatives
Product Investor Relations / Client Servicing
• Preparing standard content (e.g., brochures and portfolio review materials) and custom presentations to be used with investors during update meetings, at client conferences, etc.
‒ Leading the offshoring of collateral for maintenance purposes
‒ Assisting with collateral or website maintenance routines as needed
• Crafting product/strategy commentary or investment performance commentary
• Responding to or providing information on product- or strategy-specific inquiries and requests under direction of Product Management professionals
‒ Understanding the strategy(ies) or product(s), market(s) and operational structure(s) to be able to draft responses to investor inquiries where appropriate
‒ Coordinating with the appropriate internal resources when information is not readily available
• Preparing content as part of the firm’s bi-annual client conference and other programming/event initiatives
• Occasionally supporting the Corporate Communications & Branding team to deliver client events, conferences, or other programs
• Working closely with product specialists, marketing representatives, investment professionals and other internal stakeholders to research new product ideas
• Contributing to internal materials or analysis for new products
• Researching and preparing analysis regarding competitive landscape or precedent case studies
• 1 to 4 years of experience preferably within the investment banking, institutional asset management or consulting industries; client-facing experience a plus;
• Research experience utilizing third-party data provider platforms a plus;
• Understanding of key macroeconomic, industry and regulatory trends affecting our business and the potential impacts (or opportunities created) for our strategies;
• Ability to acquire thorough knowledge of the legal, accounting, compliance and investment aspects of the investment products offered by our client;
• Highly resourceful; ability to exercise superior judgment regarding investor requests: to interpret them, ask appropriate questions, seeking guidance and escalating issues as appropriate;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Ability to interact directly with clients, portfolio managers and senior leadership;
• Excellent PowerPoint skills for creating client-facing and internal presentations;
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and working collaboratively as part of a team;
• FINRA licenses (Series 7 and 63) a plus; and
• Familiarity with infrastructure, private credit or emerging markets debt a plus.