22nd November, 2022
Job: Data Management Analyst
Locations: LA Hybrid
The Data Management Analyst is part of the client's Data and Analytics Office and will work on successful execution of data management activities to enhance the client’s data capabilities. Identify critical data elements and work with data stewards and owners to collect detailed definitions and usage criteria. Document current state of data flows/lineage and controls, recommend specific improvements to enhance data quality controls. Collect data requirements from business and functional stakeholders for regulatory and risk reporting initiatives. Oversee implementation of data integration and data quality controls. Test and validate the effectiveness of controls, and develop reporting and monitoring capabilities to sustain data improvements.
- Minimum 5 years of Banking industry experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading large data-related projects
- Minimum 5 years of project management/planning experience
1. Assess current gaps in data management capabilities, formulate detailed remediation plans working with business and technology stakeholders.
2. Organize findings and recommend remediation actions to address identified gaps in controls or data management capabilities
3. Prioritize and resolve data sourcing, business rules, data aggregation, data distribution, and data consumption issues.
4. Perform data profiling and analysis to interpret current data, analyze source to target mapping and interpret
integration across data sources.
5. Partner with technology, business teams and relevant stakeholders to understand data flow and collect lineage.
Should be able to collect information from multiple sources, validate and capture information in a pre-determined
6. Collaborate with data owners to assist in developing data quality rules for critical data elements (CDEs) and identify measurement definitions. Recommend specific controls (data quality, reconciliation etc.) to address identified gaps in current data flows
7. Oversee the implementation of controls from requirements and design through implementation and release
8. Help establish processes for data quality management of business processes including interpretation of current data quality controls and gap analysis.
9. Collaborate with data stewards, data custodians and report developers to ensure consistent use of data definitions, authorized data sources, and calculations.
10. Serve as a liaison between business and functional areas and technology to ensure that data-related business
requirements are clearly documented, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational
prioritization and planning. Skills and Knowledge
1. Bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Systems or Business Administration. Master’s Degree in a related
field is strongly desired.
2. Knowledge of information access and delivery methods, analytics applications and tool portfolio, data sourcing
and integration methods. Understanding of data warehouse, ETL, data cleansing, and architecture.
3. Advanced user of SQL, adept at queries and technical expertise regarding interpretation of data
4. Prior Banking industry experience with understanding of risk/regulatory reporting and related data subject areas
5. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of
information with attention to detail and accuracy
6. Excellent communication skills with ability to interview stakeholders, collect and synthesize information, identify
gaps and propose remediation actions.
7. Familiarity with data management/data governance processes and tools
8. Able to work with a high degree of independence, research and resolve questions and problems. Physical Requirements Office/Sedentary (90+% of all jobs):
Office/Sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time, but may
involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. There may be some infrequent amount of activity of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects weighing 10 lbs or less. Travel:
Work duties that may require unaccompanied travel to remote locations by common carrier (air, train).
Apply For Job