Our client, a Leading Bank, is looking for a Manager Risk Data Analytics to join their growing team.
Job : Manager Risk Data Analytics
Location(s): LA hybrid
Position will support the Risk Strategy and Governance program by leading the Data Analytics and Reporting team to provide solutions on data and reporting needs. Produce intelligence through querying data repositories, generating periodic reports, and identifying risk trends through quantitative and qualitative analysis. Implement analytical approaches and methodologies and assist in the interpretation of results. Present reports to management for use in decision making and strategic planning. Furthermore, increase automation in processes related to data and reporting along the division to maximize productivity.
- Define and maintain a reporting framework to support the monitoring and management of risk and control assurance activities for applicable 1LOD Risk categories, as well as other ERM related programs and initiatives.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand needs and ensure reporting and outputs are in alignment to key risk programs
- Responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of intuitive dashboards that deliver valuable insights for enabling data-driven decision making and automation of processes.
- Responsible for periodic risk reporting and analysis to support Risk and Compliance Disciplines in the Office of the President
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with colleagues to meet expected service levels
- Oversee, coach, mentor and develop staff to facilitate the achievement of the team’s goals
- Lead efforts involving analysis and reporting of risk profile, control performance, and benchmark process performance against Key Risk Indicators and Risk Appetite Metrics, highlighting any exceptions or areas of concern
- Lead standardization and improvement of quarterly Division Risk Committee presentation and develop aggregated view for all divisions under the Centralized Risk and Compliance unit and other materials as needed
- Collaborate with larger Bank-level programs (e.g., new system implementation or data initiatives) to identify impacts and dependencies on reporting requirements
- Discover patterns, insights, trends and anomalies from straightforward analyses, data sets and visualization tools.
- Understands concepts of data lineage and data stewardship in order to develop effective data analytics that provide the insights.
- Identify data quality issues and concerns and support data governance initiatives
- Stay abreast on specific reporting standards, department reporting requirements and bank system changes/enhancements.
State the Education Requirements for the job
- Bachelor’s Degree In Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computational Biology/Bioinformatics or related field.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Minimum 5 years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools (Sharepoint, SAP, Business Objects, Tableau, Crystal reports/Dashboard, etc)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in banking/operations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND LICENSES (And All Other Preferred)
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with emphasis on report production and program management.
- Ability to effectively manage team and projects
- Hands on experience gathering requirements, designing and coding new reports, maintaining and enhancing existing reports, as well as designing dashboards
- Report development experience utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, Business Objects, Crystal Reports or similar report development software
- Advanced experience designing and generating scheduled and ad hoc reports using reporting/query tools (i.e. Brio, Toad, SQL Developer, MS Access, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, etc.)
- Expertise in statistical programming, data mining and machine learning tools (Python, SAS, R, etc..)
- Experience developing business applications using VBA code and Access forms
- Must be detail-oriented and possess effective organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of banking processes and risk management programs
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization
Office/Sedentary (90+% of all jobs): Office/Sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. There may be some infrequent amount of activity of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.