13th September, 2022
Position is located in New York, NY
As an Operational Risk Associate in Our Client's Asset Management Private Markets Green Investment Group Risk team, you will have the opportunity to apply your risk skills and experience to play a key role in implementing and further developing Private Markets Green Investment Group’s risk strategy. You should have a continuous improvement mindset and be comfortable interpreting and balancing commercial issues within a risk framework.
You will report into the Private Markets Green Investment Group Head of Risk and be based in New York. The Private Markets Green Investment Group Risk team supports the Private Markets Green Investment Group Division in providing risk and sustainability guidance on transactions, new products and opportunities and implementing a strong operational risk management framework, including assessing that critical controls of the business are designed and operating effectively.
You will work closely with executives across the Private Markets Green Investment Group business, central Risk Management Group and other specialist areas to reinforce a culture of risk management across Asset Management Private Markets. This opportunity will require some travel, domestic and international.
In this role, your key responsibilities include:
- Providing guidance to Private Markets Green Investment Group Americas staff on implementation of framework and policy queries
- Assisting the Private Markets Green Investment Group Head of Risk (based in London) with advice and support to transaction and asset management teams
- Incident management including investigation of root cause, recording of operational risk incidents, and ensuring appropriate follow-up actions are implemented
- Ensuring timely and appropriate completion of various risk and sustainability tasks and projects including Asset Risk Management Framework Assessments, service provider reviews, and general transaction compliance
- Performing control assurance to ensure Private Markets Green Investment Group’s critical controls are designed and operating effectively
- Preparation of Private Markets Green Investment Group Americas risk reporting and insights for presentation to Senior Management
- Supporting the Private Markets Green Investment Group’s semi-annual risk and control self-assessment process
- Preparation of risk training materials and presentations to Private Markets Green Investment Group investors on risk
- Performing regular risk monitoring activities across the global business and escalation of issues to the appropriate Regional Head of Risk
A Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit, Risk management, ESG, etc.) are required in this role. Being an analytical/lateral thinker and confident communicator, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships within the business, as well as having the ability to initiate and lead conversations regarding anticipated and emerging issues will also be imperative.
Your strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and work both independently as well as collaboratively within a team will be helpful in this position.
If you are a well-organized, self-starter with a flexible, can-do attitude and proven ability to sustain high levels of performance in a fast-paced, output focused environment, apply today. Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a the office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Apply For Job