Our client, a Leading Investment Firm, is looking for a Senior Risk Associate to join their growing team.
Des Moines, IA or Remote
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Senior Risk Associate provides leadership in financial risk management, including responsibility for assessing risk exposures, managing and optimizing the economic balance sheet, and developing and implementing risk controls and procedures. They focus on enhancing risk management capabilities to support business objectives and long-term sustainability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds, performs, maintains and enhances risk modeling, using knowledge of economic capital and capital models to drive decision making.
- Uses knowledge of economic capital and reinsurance solutions to drive business results.
- Aggregates and analyzes various types of financial and other data to assess risk exposures and present potential solutions.
- Performs ad-hoc analyses on a wide variety of risk, liquidity and capital-related topics.
- Provides management team with key insights into the company’s economic capital and liquidity positions, to influence the strategic deployment of capital and risk strategy.
- Builds data visualization and reporting to measure and monitor economic capital position and risk profile.-
- Functions as a risk partner and coordinates resources on risk initiatives to optimize outcomes.
- Leads projects and applies knowledge and judgement to deliver impactful results.
- Uses knowledge and expertise to deliver insights using financial modeling tools such as MG-ALFA and Aladdin.
- Conducts risk assessments and proactively identifies opportunities to optimize outcomes.
- Enhances risk culture and risk framework by helping stakeholders identify and manage risk.
- Develops and updates reporting deliverables including ORSA, NAIC, rating agency and committee reports.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics or related field of study, plus seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in a comparable actuarial or risk management role.
- Experience in a life and annuity company required.
- Five or more actuarial exams completed, or equivalent CFA or risk management exams.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
- Actively pursuing FSA, CFA or other comparable actuarial or financial designations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated expertise in risk management in the insurance industry.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to independently research and analyze financial and other data.
- Experience with data manipulation, modeling, analysis and visualization
- Knowledge of regulatory and rating agency aspects of risk management and capital management, and skills to apply that knowledge to business situations.
- Knowledge of economic capital framework and reinsurance solutions that optimizes available capital.
- Advanced Excel skills or other key modeling applications.
- Ability to effectively present information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adherence to defined risk reporting deadlines, and multitasking priorities and workflow.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working cross-functionally on projects with the Investment, Accounting, Actuarial and Information Technology departments, and external partners such as software vendors, consultants, reinsurers, etc.
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Occasional overnight travel as needed.