Senior Credit Review Analysts are responsible for reviewing diversified loans to ensure that acceptable credit standards are maintained and that loans conform to established company policy, identifying potential loan losses to help establish an adequate loan loss reserve calculation, and preparing loan review reports for distribution to account officers and management. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proficiently extracts and reviews samples of various segments of the portfolio and analyzes results to reach conclusions regarding asset quality of the portfolio as a whole and/or various aspects thereof
- Assembles raw loan portfolio data from diverse sources into meaningful reporting information for use in quantifying and assessing asset quality of the portfolio as a whole and various segments and/or aspects of the portfolio
- Prepares and distributes formal reports derived from the review and analysis of information obtained presenting both quantitative and qualitative evaluations of the asset quality of the overall portfolio and various segments and or aspects of the portfolio and offering recommendations to effect improvement.
- As a reviewer, uses credit and financial information, as well as industry/ economic data to verify continuing credit worthiness of the client.
- Review of collateral documentation, if necessary.
- Evaluates the adequacy of loan risk codes and accrual status. Recommends changes as appropriate.
- Informs supervisor of discrepancies in the perceived risk ratings as compared to the current risk rating assigned to the loan/relationship
- Assists with gathering information, preparing reports, and completing special projects as needed.
- May serve as a member of the Due Diligence team for future acquisitions.
- Serves as a Team Lead for two or more annual portfolio reviews. Assigns reviews and assists team members with loan reviews to ensure adherence to deadlines.
- When serving as a Team Lead determines sample to be reviewed and meets with line management regarding upcoming review. Throughout the review process, ensures the team’s work is consistent and completed within allocated time frame keeping bank management informed throughout the review of progress and issues noted.
May carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws; Provides guidance and oversight to and is responsible for the coordination and evaluation of the assigned team. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; associate compensation; approving expense reports; addressing concerns and resolving problems MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- 6 years of related banking experience required preferably in credit analysis, credit review and/ or commercial lending.
- Must have advanced training which can include either Loan Review Certification, Risk Certification, CPA designation or Graduate Banking School or be able to obtain one within one year of hire.
- A combination of equivalent education, training and experience may be considered.
- Expert-level understanding of functional areas; Credit, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Retail and wholesale preferred.
- Ability to apply conceptual intent of loan/deposit/payment transactions to practical situations
- Multi-state knowledge of laws, regulatory requirements and compliance rules
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate related equipment to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.