Our client, a leading financial services firm, is looking for a Senior Manager of ORM to join their growing team.
02nd August, 2022
Location(s): Wilmington, DE or Sterling, VA
Job Description & Synthesis
The Senior Manager of Operational Risk is a member of the Enterprise & Operational Risk team reporting to the Senior Director of Operational Risk. The Senior Manager will be supporting the further development and implementation of the Operational Risk Framework, including Issue/Operational Event Management, the MARC, Non-SoX Internal Controls Testing, Agile development engagement and targeted risk assessments. The Senior Manager may take on additional responsibilities at the direction of the Senior Director pertaining to Enterprise or Operational Risk. The Senior Manager will engage with business and process owners on a regular basis.
Supports the development and implementation and ongoing management of risk management framework including Issues/Operational Event Management, the MARC, Non-SoX Internal Controls Testing, Agile development engagement and targeted risk assessments.
Maintains the further development of Company Documents, tools and methodologies related to operational risk management.
Manages agile engagements by Operational Risk.
Manages the identification, documentation and escalation of risks.
Develops, enhances and maintains risk reporting.
Performs research regarding unfamiliar and complex topics and synthesizes into recommendations.
Executes risk assessments of new products, processes, vendors etc.
Provides analysis, ad hoc research, project support related to enterprise and operational risk, clients, products and business practices.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant study, economics or accounting or equivalent, relevant work experience.
• 6+ years of experience developing and/or working in risk management or assurance.
• Understanding of modern risk management methodologies, tools and approaches especially of enterprise risk.
• Ability to perform research regarding unfamiliar and complex topics.
• Experience in development and documenting risk management programs and policies.
• Knowledge of the external regulatory environment and the particular requirements for operating as a regulated banking entity.
• Well-developed oral and written communications skills with the ability to present complex data in a clear, concise, user-friendly format.