The IT Department designs and develops technology solutions across all businesses. Within IT, the Clients & Marketing applications team is seeking a dynamic individual who will collaborate with business stakeholders and leverage their combination of investments and technology knowledge to lead the creation of innovative, digital solutions. Based in Los Angeles, the Vice President will serve as a project manager and senior business analyst to define requirements, design solutions, and lead the development and implementation of technology projects to support the Marketing, Client Relations and Product Management functions. With our new Hybrid working model, the candidate should expect to work in the office 3 days per week. Responsibilities Include:
- Manage project delivery schedule, scope, and cost.
- Gather requirements from users, analyze and provide solutions to business challenges.
- Document business, functional, and technical requirements using tools like Jira, Teams, and Office 365.
- Communicate project status, issues and manage stakeholders' expectations.
- Participate in developing new technical solutions to the business challenges.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in designing new solutions.
- Interface with key groups such as Data, Fund Accounting and Portfolio Risk to design and deliver solutions.
- Modify and maintain existing business solutions and processes.
- Support production users’ issues and processes.
- Contribute to technical and business architecture or follow existing architectural standards.
- Leverage Agile methodology and DevOps for delivery.
- 7-10 years of IT Solution delivery.
- Experience with large scale technology implementations, custom development, and data and system integrations.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry, specifically the Alternative Asset Management is necessary.
- Experience with asset classes such as Credit, Private Equity, Real Estate and Listed Equities is necessary.
- Deep knowledge of investment concepts such as Portfolio Characteristics, Performance, Benchmarking, AUM, and Track Record is necessary.
- Knowledge of the Marketing, Client Relations and Product Management functions is necessary.
- Experience with projects related to Marketing Brochure automation, Fact Sheets, and Client Reporting a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodology and Jira is necessary.
- Experience with Digital / client-facing solutions is necessary.
- Experience with Power BI is necessary.
- Experience of working with an offshore development environment is necessary.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools, tactics, and methodologies; Six Sigma and PMP certification a plus.
- Experience with MS Office and advanced knowledge of Excel is a plus.
- Experience in SharePoint and MS SQL development is a plus.
- Experience with Collateral Management tools, such as Seismic and UpSlide, is a plus.
- Experience with Mobile applications is a plus.
- Demonstration of Alternative Asset mgmt. industry experience through experience and/or persuasion of CFA Level 1 is a plus
The successful candidate should demonstrate strengths in:
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. Known for doing what is best irrespective of politics and is comfortable with consensus building (at multiple levels) and soliciting constructive feedback; ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of participants including upper management, clients, other departments, and 3rd party providers.
- Communication; strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to present complex material.
- Independence & Collaboration; experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Work Ethic; focus on continual development, performance, accountability, and self-motivation.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues; must have strong problem-solving skills; adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Driving Results; sets uncompromising timelines and objectives to drive results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Judgment: makes recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g., cost, risk, short-term vs. long-term impact) and are supported by a sound fact base to achieve an optimal outcome. Goes back to core values and key objectives when making decisions/recommendations.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Finance is preferred. Ideal candidate may also possess an MBA/CFA and/or formal education in Finance focusing on Investment Management. Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Our client is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. They not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.