03rd May, 2022
Job Synthesis & Description
Our client's Advisory team provides a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team works across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package.
They have an opportunity for a manager to join our team, leading on the delivery of a significant programme to a client in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sector. This is a great opportunity for an individual to demonstrate their project management skills, working with teams across their global network. You’ll be a Manager driving client engagements and delivery of work that will strengthen the growth and development of the Internal Audit and Compliance Risk practice, by supporting clients in mitigating risk and optimising value from third party relationships. You may work across the contracting lifecycle, including third-party risk assessments, third party audits of compliance with anti-bribery and corruption, health and safety and labour rights legislation etc.
You’ll be responsible for helping to manage engagements end-to-end which are delivered globally, driving quality and profitability, team development and great client experience. There will be opportunities for you to manage junior staff, and engage in growth initiatives and business development within the team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the client’s key stakeholders, being a principal point of contact throughout the year.
- Manage the project team, ensuring key milestones are met, anticipating problems and escalating issues which require Director attention.
- Liaise with colleagues in our global network to ensure smooth delivery of the service. Manage any issues relating to delivery globally.
- Manage individuals to ensure that work is completed on time and to the highest quality, including supporting key third party meetings.
- Review audit files, ensuring audit work has been completed fully, is appropriately supported by appropriate audit evidence and assessing the appropriateness of findings raised.
- Preparing audit reports, including providing appropriate recommendations to address the root cause of findings identified.
- Ensure project outputs are of a high standard, ensuring any reports are aligned with the underlying audit work and ensuring that the work has been appropriately quality assured.
- Ensure efficient use of resources on the project. Coach and manage the project team to get the best outcomes from both a quality and commercial perspective.
- Responsible for financial management in respect of the client.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner/Director as appropriate.
- Support Partners and Directors in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
Apply For Job
When you join our client's team, they'll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, you will go far.
- Relevant managerial experience, of which 3 years or more is in internal audit or in project management.
- Experience of managing global assignments.
- Awareness of compliance, legislative and market issues relevant to client businesses
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients, inputting into the overall audit strategy and plan, scoping audits, briefing staff and supervising audit delivery.
- Experience of reviewing audit files and audit reports.
- Previous experience of managing people
- Proficiency in MS suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CMIIA, CCAB qualified or overseas equivalent
As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, they also provide the following benefits, as standard
Our client offers highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that pay always positively reflects performance.
28 days’ holiday;
private medical insurance;
cash benefits allowance;
access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
life assurance cover;
and income protection insurance