Director - Financial Planning
Our client is an Independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) based in Dallas, TX and is currently hiring a Director of Financial Planning. The company serves the wealth management needs of high-net-worth individuals and institutional clients. Primary responsibilities:
The ideal candidate is an experienced service professional with strong critical thinking, leadership and organizational skills. The Director of Financial Planning is expected to manage, execute and enhance the firm’s financial planning program. Department responsibilities include two major areas of service: providing the analysis and calculations needed to develop financial plans and recommending planning strategies appropriate for financial planning clients in concert with the Wealth Managers and Investment Team. This role will provide client support (as directed by the Wealth Managers), ensuring that appropriate, customized, high-quality advice and service related to financial planning is provided to each client.
This role requires:
Major Responsibilities/Accountabilities Manage and Execute the Financial Planning Program (40%)
- The ability to think beyond the department and consider firm-wide needs.
- The ability to think beyond the task at hand and create structure to effectively deliver service at a larger scale
- The proven aptitude to successfully collaborate with management, advisors, planners and administrative staff to provide the optimal experience for clients, with a focus on the company’s “three uniques”: trust, simplicity and personalization.
- Contributions to the firm’s public image regarding financial planning expertise in the form of professional presentations, articles, quotes, etc.
- Organize consistent training to accelerate experience of less experienced advisors with emphasis on the company’s target market’s needs
- Excellent communication abilities and board room presence.
Financial Planning and Analysis (40%)
- Design and implement a branded financial planning program for the firm.
- Maintain cutting-edge financial planning capabilities and software solutions: develop client/prospect communication materials and systems; identify the best financial planning resources; evaluate and advocate improvements to the systems and processes used to develop and deliver services to clients.
- Host weekly Financial Planning Committee meetings with the Associate Wealth Managers and present enhanced planning procedures to the Leadership Team for approval.
- Function as point-person for advisor communications regarding planning.
- Educate, train and instruct advisors on the company’s planning philosophy and procedures.
- Work with the Wealth Management supervisor to hold advisors accountable for consistent execution of the program; set productivity and development goals for each advisor; monitor results, make adjustments and provide counseling or training as appropriate.
- Work with advisors to develop client meeting schedules and prioritize and allocate team member time to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Perform quality control over financial planning deliverables.
Strategy and Vision (20%)
- Develop planning strategies for new and existing clients.
- Provide ongoing client consultation and advice.
- Oversee the development of client analysis by other Wealth Managers, and related work product.
- Support client advisors in acquiring and maintaining client relationships.
- Participate in client meetings and maintain close client contact through regular communication, as needed (e.g. meetings, phone, e-mail and written correspondence).
- Prepare and deliver high level written analysis, recommendations and reports based on clients’ goals and objectives.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Contribute to the firm’s strategic direction through participation in the firm’s strategic planning initiatives.
- Recommend vision and strategy for the financial planning program.
- Contribute to the firm’s public image regarding financial planning through published writings, speeches, professional association involvement or other means to be recognized as an expert.
- Collaborate with other department heads to provide a cohesive, branded firm-wide client experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- CFP designation required; other designations are a plus (e.g. JD, CPA, CPWA)
- A minimum of eight years of financial planning experience required;
- Problem solver, influencer, positive attitude, assertive, responsive, energetic, relational, proactive, reliable, accurate, quick-learner, professional, observant, organized, proficient with technology, driven, strong attention to detail, ability to handle competing demands efficiently and calmly, focused on quality, strong communicator;
- Strong Outlook and MS Office skills;
- Excellent work references from former direct supervisors required;
- Must consent to and have favorable credit report and background check;
About Our Client:
- Competitive base salary;
- Year-end incentive compensation of up to 30% of base salary, based on successful execution of firm goals and individual performance metrics;
- 15 days of Paid Time Off for new employees; increases to 18 days in second year and increases from there per PTO schedule;
- Self-directed 401(k) program with 3% employer contribution;
- Ability to telecommute one day a week;
- Volunteer Time Off;
- Employer reimbursement for cost of attaining applicable professional designations and CE credits;
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability coverage;
- Life and long-term disability insurance covered 100% by employer;
- Employer contribution of $2,000/year into individual Health Savings Account, for employees who enroll in our medical plan;
- Free Financial Planning services for employees and their spouses;
- Healthy work/life balance!
The company was founded on the shared vision that the only way to truly provide clients with trustworthy advice is through complete independence, objectivity and the absence of conflicts of interest
We seek to provide peace of mind to our clients and their families. Managing an individual’s wealth is more than just dollars and cents. At our company, our Wealth Advisors work collaboratively with our Financial Planning team using every lens to create comprehensive wealth plans. We offer innovative planning to provide perspective, opportunity, and fulfillment in every area of our client’s lives. We were an early adopter in recommending private investments, including public and private platform opportunities in real estate, private equity, and energy. We exercise financial discipline, ensuring our client’s personal goals are met.
Established in 2000, our mission has been to help our clients lead more fulfilled lives through trust, personalization, and simplicity.