About Our Client
Our client is an alternative investment firm currently managing $8 billion in assets. The firm was founded in 1991 and employs approximately 200 individuals in Dallas, New York, and London. Among the top-rated and longest-tenured hedge funds in the world, they have a refreshingly transparent and team-focused culture, low turnover, and a fun work environment. Exceptional people have been central to the firm's success, and they strive to have the best and brightest personnel in all areas of the organization.
We are searching for an Accountant with 2-5 years of experience to join our client’s Portfolio Accounting team in Dallas. The ideal candidate is an intelligent, self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop leadership skills. He or she has a demonstrated track record of educational and professional achievement, including a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance from a top-tier university. Those who have demonstrated their technical knowledge by passing the CPA exam or intend to pursue CPA certification are strongly preferred.
The Portfolio Accounting team is a highly engaged team responsible for the financial reporting of the portfolio entities within the firm’s separate investment structures. This involves oversight of investment valuations and the financial statement close process, as well as financial statement review and analysis. The team works closely with the Investor Accounting team that is responsible for reporting investor-level activities including capital flows, income allocations, fee calculations, performance, account statements, and fund-level financial statements. The team also engages with the Controller and CFO and coordinates with numerous groups across the firm including front office personnel, internal legal counsel, operations, treasury, technology, the external administrator, and external auditors.
- Review investment valuations on a monthly basis to ensure compliance with internal valuation policies and US GAAP
- Assist in preparation of monthly reporting package to the Valuation Committee
- Perform monthly close related tasks including calculation and analysis of income changes, expense accruals, US GAAP adjusting entries, and financial statement review
- Coordinate with the Investor Accounting team to support monthly NAV reporting
- Assist in coordination of annual audits, including interaction with auditors and administrator, and coordination with different departments within the firm to ensure an efficient audit
- Assist in the review of the firm’s internal control environment, including the support of the annual SOC 1 reporting
- Review various management and regulatory reports prepared by the administrator
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external groups
Required Job Skills
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance with an impressive GPA (3.5 or higher)
- 2-5 years of experience
- CPA preferred
- Prior audit experience with a Big 4 accounting firm required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with multiple internal and external groups
- Able to use analytical skills to understand numerical relationships
- Intelligent and quick thinking
- Able to think through and resolve complex issues
- High sense of responsibility, very detail-oriented, highly organized
- Self-motivated to succeed
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to adapt to new technology