24th May, 2021
Location(s): New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
Job Description & Synthesis
The Corporate Communications & Branding Department is responsible for our client's global marketing communications activities. This includes ensuring that the firm’s communications and branding strategies are integrated, coordinated, and aligned across all channels and key stakeholders. This team works closely with the firm’s CPO/Head of Client Relations, global and regional Marketing leadership, Product Management leadership, Executive Committee and portfolio management leadership to deliver the communications and branding activities needed to help drive the firm’s growth initiatives. Such activities shall relate to the design, creation and/or maintenance of: firm-related content and collateral, web and social media assets, thought leadership campaigns (e.g., “Insights”), internal and external communication strategies, media, and live and virtual events.
Apply For Job
The [Los Angeles/New York]-based Associate/AVP, Media Relations will originate, drive and support brand-building and marketing activities in the region. Select responsibilities are listed below.
* Help manage all public relations activities in the region in collaboration with the Head of Corporate Communications & Branding and the firm’s outside public relations firm. The public relations activities include media interviews, advertising opportunities, speaking engagements and other events.
– Prepare press releases, presentations and executive talking points for media interviews, external conferences and other events in the region, working closely with the “Collateral and Content” team, the Head of Corporate Communications & Branding, the firm’s public relations firm, Legal and Compliance.
* Shape, implement and champion the firm’s media strategy for the region, including managing the agenda and driving proposals/presentations for all meetings and initiatives.
* Act as an internal communications bridge between Marketing, the executive committee, and the investment teams, communicating major news events/interviews, and synthesizing industry/market opinions across the investment teams for the region.
* Ensure that the brand is protected by vetting speaking opportunities, reviewing press releases, educating firm speakers, reviewing proposed third-party uses of the client brand/name and maintaining records relating to Media Relations activities in the region for both Legal/Compliance and the executive committee.
* Coordinate the firm’s industry award submissions in the region working closely with the firm’s Public Relations firm, Legal and Compliance.
*5 or more years of relevant experience in public, client or investor relations or event management
*Experience in asset management and marketing a plus.
* Strong project management experience
* Highly resourceful; ability to exercise superior judgment regarding programming requests: to interpret them, ask appropriate questions, do homework, and bring the right people to the table.
*Skilled influencer; able to drive both collaborative and commercial outcome across a wide range of constituents.
*Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver).