The Corporate Communications & Branding Department is responsible for our client's global marketing communications activities. This includes ensuring that the firm’s communications and branding strategies are integrated, coordinated, and aligned across all channels and key stakeholders. This team works closely with the firm’s CPO/Head of Client Relations, global and regional Marketing leadership, Product Management leadership, Executive Committee and portfolio management leadership to deliver the communications and branding activities needed to help drive the firm’s growth initiatives. Such activities shall relate to the design, creation and/or maintenance of: firm-related content and collateral, web and social media assets, thought leadership campaigns (e.g., “Insights”), internal and external communication strategies, media, and live and virtual events.
The [Los Angeles/New York]-based Vice President, Media Relations, Speaking Engagements, Digital; Brand (Americas) will originate, drive and support brand-building and marketing activities in the region. Select responsibilities are listed below.
*Guide the visual expression and personality of the Oaktree brand in the region.
– Communicate and reinforce the visual branding standards ranging from color pallets and typography to logo
and advertising design, ensuring that the brand is consistent across different touch points and that it is central
to everything we do.
*Originate and present ideas for events and another programming that support and extend our business development objectives in the near- and longer-term for the region, while ensuring client is positioned as a trusted partner with an enduring brand. Ideas should:
– Further brand awareness, shape perception and ultimately create preference;
– Demonstrate an understanding of strategic direction, key objectives, market themes, and product and client
– Exhibit a "client-centric" discipline to program and content development;
– Be tailored to different audiences (e.g., internal vs. institutional vs. intermediary distribution, global vs. regional) and the varied steps of the client journey (e.g., from prospect to onboarding, to servicing and beyond);
– Reflect a diversity of content format and delivery methods (e.g., videos, webcast, podcast, interactive webpage);
– Take into account industry/peer practices, stakeholder feedback, analytics and other insights to improve program and content effectiveness.
* Oversee the coordination and delivery of live and virtual events within the region, collaborating with the Events team and business sponsors, and ensuring an engaging attendee experience and the achievement of program objectives. Events can be sponsored, non-sponsored or hosted in cities around the world with 30-600 attendees and may be single- and multi-day.
– Lead venue selection and manage overall vendor relationships, ensuring engaged partners/vendors provide high-quality services and competitive rates.
– Manage logistical elements of the event including, but not limited to production schedules, audio-visual and technology requirements; registration; event-level collateral creation; décor, food and beverage selection; guest speaker management; attendee gifts; space and meeting room allocations.
– Define the “suite” of collateral materials for a given event, creating and editing high-quality and innovative presentations both from scratch and building on existing material alongside the “Content and Collateral” team.
* Work in close partnership with key stakeholders to create and implement initiatives. Select stakeholders include marketing representatives, product specialists, portfolio managers, and legal and compliance associates.
* Maintain an understanding of compliance requirements and advertising rules/guidelines to ensure programming activities adhere to such.
* Employ project management skills to design, manage, and successfully implement initiatives and supervise business operations.
– Understand the scope of work, timing and desired outcome to develop comprehensive project plans and reporting suite.
– Identify potential risks and develop risk mitigation plans accordingly.
– Define deliverables, dependencies, deadlines and owners.
– Create internal and external communication plans.
– Engage and manage workstream owners, adapting management style as needed to suit the situation, the individual stakeholder and the desired outcome.
– Anticipate project needs, navigate obstacles and negotiate changes in project priorities, timing and/or scope.
* Spearhead the development and ongoing management of program-, project/event- and sub-departmental-level financial budget and operating plan.
* Help manage all public relations activities in the region in collaboration with the Head of Corporate Communications & Branding and the firm’s outside public relations firm. The public relations activities include media interviews, advertising opportunities, speaking engagements and other events.
– Prepare press releases, presentations and executive talking points for media interviews, external conferences and other events in the region, working closely with the “Collateral and Content” team, the Head of Corporate Communications & Branding, the firm’s public relations firm, Legal and Compliance.
* Shape, implement and champion the firm’s media strategy for the region, including managing the agenda and driving proposals/presentations for all meetings and initiatives.
* Act as an internal communications bridge between Marketing, the executive committee, and the investment teams, communicating major news events/interviews, and synthesizing industry/market opinions across the investment teams for the region.
* Ensure that the brand is protected by vetting speaking opportunities, reviewing press releases, educating firm speakers, reviewing proposed third-party uses of the client brand/name and maintaining records relating to Media Relations activities in the region for both Legal/Compliance and the executive committee.
* Coordinate the firm’s industry award submissions in the region working closely with the firm’s Public Relations firm, Legal and Compliance.
*10 or more years of relevant experience in public, client or investor relations or event management
*Experience in asset management and marketing a plus.
* Strong project management experience
* Highly resourceful; ability to exercise superior judgment regarding programming requests: to interpret them, ask appropriate questions, do homework, and bring the right people to the table.
*Skilled influencer; able to drive both collaborative and commercial outcome across a wide range of constituents.
*Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver).