26th April, 2021
Our client is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $113 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2020. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented, and risk-controlled approach to investments in credit, private equity, real assets, and listed equities. The firm has over 950 employees and offices in 19 cities
The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for various private partnerships and separately managed accounts, as well as providing oversight for offshore accounting teams.
Additional responsibilities will include:
-Ensuring funds are being accounted for pursuant to the governing fund documents.
-Providing oversight and training to our offshore accounting team in preparing and maintaining the books and records of limited partnerships and/or separate accounts;
-Reviewing and resolving daily cash and asset reconciliation breaks.
-Recording and reconciling of hedging activity and ensuring investments are properly hedged.
-Reviewing and approving the postings of complex corporate actions;
-Estimating and posting of monthly closing accruals;
-Calculating of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall based on the terms of the governing documents;
-Determining and preparing distributions and draw-downs;
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients;
- Analyzing and calculating of performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment;
- Coordinating with funds’ independent auditors, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators;
- Participating in projects as needed.
-Minimum 10 years experience with a mix of public and private accounting. At least 5 years experience within the financial services industry, preferably within the investment management industry required;
-Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis;
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; and
- Proficiency in SS&C Geneva is highly desirable.
Apply For Job