13th November, 2020
WE’RE BUILDING A TEAM OF THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS.
PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BUILD AND CREATE THINGS, WHO SEE A CHALLENGE AND WANT TO TAKE IT ON, AND WHO HAVE KEEN SENSE OF HIGHER SERVICE.
IF YOU ARE THAT SUPERSTAR, SCHLAM WELCOMES YOU.
Schlam are currently seeking a motivated and experienced Industrial Painter to join our team in Port Hedland to work on a 3:1 roster
The position involves the preparation and finish of mainly steel surfaces using various hand and power tools. Responsible for maintaining equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order, possessing a wide array of paint product knowledge and managing company tooling including brushes, rollers, air & airless spray units. The removal of old paint or substances by means of shot blasting, mechanical or chemical rinse, among other duties such as;
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Read, understand and adhere to client and or manufactures specifications to ensure coatings are applied in the correct manner and assist with technical issues.
- Perform all jobs as per Safe Operational Procedure, Safe Checks and JHA’s.
- Painting of various surfaces utilsing different painting techniques based on job requirements including doing touch-ups.
- Maintaining technical equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order.
- Assist supervision and management with tender and scope process where necessary.
- Using viscosity cups and thickness gauges to measure the amount of paint to be used and the texture of the paint.
- In conjunction with supervision assist with the management and preservation of stock requirements as per manufactures guidelines.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Physically able to perform tasks
- Good organisational skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Through understanding of painting and blasting equipment
- Thorough understanding of paint and abrasive application and preservation
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience within an industrial painting and blasting capacity
- Can do, will do, done safely attitude
- Experience as a boilermaker favourable
Our vision is to be on every mine in the world. To get there we need Superstars like you.
We encourage applications from people who believe they have what it takes, no matter what age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or perspective.
If you have what it takes and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume, trade and licences to email@example.com or click APPLY NOW.
Apply For Job