29th September, 2020
We are looking for a solid Senior Service Desk Engineer for our client based in East Tamaki, who will assist the current team of Engineers and the Team Lead to streamline processes and assist in overcoming the existing operational challenges. We are on the hunt for a Senior Service Desk Engineer to work closely with our corporate users to keep their business humming. What we need from you:
Working in a ‘hands-on’ Service Desk position in a high-volume environment
A little bit about you
- This role is for an immediate start
- You will be required to work for 5 days per week (8 hours per day) between 7:00 am to 10:00pm Monday to Sunday for 40 hours per week
- This is a contract for a 3-month period with the potential to extend or convert to a permanent role in the future
- Gradually become the subject matter expert of client processes and technologies and be the go-to person for any technical and process escalations from the existing team members
- Identifying and looking for ways to improve service quality and assist with driving change
- Working across level 1 and 2 issues and assisting with a wide range of user requests
- Accurately lodging information in the ITSMF tool
- Assisting with P1 and 2 issues and coordinating with technical teams
- Work with all user types. It is important to be comfortable when dealing with challenging users
- ITIL certification is preferred but not essential. An understanding of the fundaments is highly regarded
- Experienced in standard Microsoft technologies like Active Directory, Windows 10 OS, O365, SCCM and exchange management
- Meticulous attention to detail and the desire to get things resolved first time
- The ability to respond well to change and feedback in a fast pace environment is essential
- Once you are fully up to speed there will be the potential for flexible work from home setup (this will be dependent on the business requirements)
You are a Senior Service Desk Engineer or a Service Desk second in charge who has proven experience in a similar role and are familiar with operating in a dynamic environment. You will take pride in your ability to balance the details with the deliverables. Like the rest of the DDS IT team, you will bring a confident communication style, the right technical capabilities, and an enthusiastic attitude to work. Who are we?
DDS IT is a full-service IT business with 100+ staff across Auckland and Hamilton. We're small yet have some of New Zealand's major corporates as clients. Our size allows easy access to Senior Management; we have no barriers or politics and happily share knowledge informally and collaboratively. We're young but expert and truly walk the talk aiming to positively impact individuals both professionally and personally. Our drive for excellence and willingness to go to the ends of the earth for clients has created rapid growth and a loyal customer base.
So, what are you waiting for? If you have the skills and motivation that we are looking for then reach out, let’s start the conversation!
We are motivated to connect with talented IT professionals and will be holding interviews concurrently with our advertising efforts. We strive for excellent recruitment and selection standards. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe that diversity within the workplace is an essential element to our success. Now is your opportunity to join the DDS IT family.
Apply For Job